37

Amaru woke up and smiled at the sight of Damita asleep in his arms. He was so happy for her to be home and back to normal. He missed his arms being numb from holding her all night. He missed having his face itching all night from her hair rubbing against her face.

He continued smiling and kissed her on the forehead. She hadn't slept good in a couple of days, so he didn't wake her.

"Daddy?"Aaliyah called, knocking on their door. "Come in."Amaru replied.

"Don't be too loud."Amaru added as she walked through the door.

Aaliyah's eyes widened with excitement. "She's home? I was just about to ask if you had found her. What happened? Where did she go?"

"I'll talk to you about it when she wakes up. I know she hasn't being sleeping well, so I don't want to wake her up."He explained

"Tell me when she wakes up?"Aaliyah replied hopefully.

"Soon as she opens her eyes princess."Amaru chuckled and Aaliyah walked out of the room. Damita slept longer than Amaru thought she would so he carefully crept out of bed so that he could clean himself up and make sure her and the twins had something to eat.

"Liyah, Junior!"Amaru called as he walked down the stairs.

"Yes daddy?"Aaliyah answered walking out of room. Junior stood at the end of the stairs.

"Let's goto the store. We gonna cook dinner for your momma."Amaru walked down the stairs. Aaliyah slid on a pair of Nike sandals and followed behind her father then Amaru did the same.

They went out to the car and Amaru drove to the nearest grocery store.

"What y'all wanna make?"Amaru asked, pushing the basket.

"Ooh we should make her some kind of pasta. Mommy loves that."Aaliyah smiled.

"Yeah she does. She'll be so happy."Amaru laughed and started to walk down aisles.

"You should get her some wine too. She gone be real happy."Junior laughed.  They walked down the aisles getting everything they need.

The kids went to go get snacks and Amaru got to wine aisle, looking over them all to see which one he wanted to get Damita.

"This one is my favorite."A woman that stood on the side of him said, pointing at a pink moscato.

Amaru awkwardly smiled. "Never tried it."He didn't know if she was trying to flirt or not but he definitely was going to shit that down.

"Oh it's amazing. You don't really look like a wine drinker. You look more like you're an Alize or Hennessy man."She laughed, making Aaliyah roll her eyes as she walked up.

"Uh I'm not really a wine drinker this is for.." "his wife."Aaliyah finished his sentence.

"Daddy. I got you some of those chips you like."Aaliyah smiled and dropped them in the basket.

"Oh, my apologies sweetie I wasn't flirting with your father. I was just offering a suggestion."The woman laughed and Aaliyah rolled her eyes once again. She was definitely her mother's child. "He doesn't need any help. He knows what she likes. Thanks for your kind suggestion though."She replied with an attitude. The woman surrendered and walked away. She didn't want any problems.