16

"Alright baby. Just relax. Everything will be fine." Damita sighed, giving Amaru a pep talk before he met with the detectives. "Don't answer anything that has nothing to do with your case. Tell them everything you told me." She explained.

"Alright. I got it."

"If they ask you about an attorney, you have one. She just couldn't be here today. If they have any questions, I'll be right outside."She added kissing him on the cheek.

Amaru walked into the detective room and sat down at the table, waiting to be spoken to.

"Good Morning, Mr. Shakur. We were very surprised to to hear from you. You know since you're supposed to be deceased and all."Detective Simmons announced in a quite shady tone. His body language said that he felt like something wasn't right with the story and Amaru hadn't even told it yet.

"I'm aware, but I'm here to explain all of that. I remember everything I can explain."Amaru replied. He relaxed himself and crossed his arms in front of, making sure to make direct eye contact. That was something he had learned watching Damita.

"Okay. Let's start with Christmas Day. We have statement from your wife. I'd like to see if yours matches. Tell me every detail of the day. Don't leave out anything."He enthused with one of those sarcastic smiles.

"Okay, well I remember waking up to pee and brush my teeth. Then my daughter was trying to wake up my wife and I told her to let her have a couple of minutes because I knew she was tired." Amaru explained.

"Why was she so tired Mr.Shakur?"Detective Simmons asked.

"The twins kept her up all night. They were only a month old. They cried a lot and needed lots of attention."He replied. "They wouldn't even let me pick them up. I guess they just wanted to feel their mothers touch that night."

"I see. Continue." Dr.Simmons replied.

"Amari and I went to go get the twins dressed. I also changed their diapers then went back to check on Damita and she was awake. She was brushing her teeth. I kissed her and I had asked her who was supposed to be coming over to my mother's house for Christmas."Amaru continued.

"Who'd she say?"Detective Simmons asked.

"Taniyah Jones , Keisha Miller, Audrey Jones , Katherine Jackson, Joseph Jackson, Latoya Jackson, Maureen Jackson, Angela Thomas and Broderick Jones. Well that's who she knew would be there for sure my mother invited the rest of the family." Amaru replied.

Detective Simmons wrote something down is his notepad and Amaru continued.

"I had asked her if she had invited one of my close friends, Eric Brown. She said she didn't think it was a good idea for him to come."

"Why not?"Detective Simmons asked.

"He and her best friend, Taniyah Jones had just broken up after being together 10 years."He chuckled. "I told her that they would be cordial since it's Christmas and their daughter would be there."He explained. "After that she asked me to call him and to call my mother because she wanted to watch my daughter, Amari open her presents."

"Did you call Eric?"He asked.

"Yes I did."

"What did he say?"He asked.

"He said that he'd be there and that him and Taniyah were on good terms." Amaru explained. "I didn't get a chance to call my mother because after I hung up with Eric, I went to go tell Damita what he said and my mom along with Angie had just walked in."

"Who's Angie?"He asked.

"Angela Thomas, she's one of my mom's close friends. She was also something like Damita's nanny. She raised her."