Chapter 7

Chapter 7>> The storm.

Song of the Chapter>>Lightning Strikes by R5

The clouds were dark and could be barely made out in the even darker sky. The stars were not visible and the moonlight was minimal. Bitter air nipped at Charlie's body as he laid curled up in his bed; despite all windows, doors shut, fires blazing, the house was like ice, and goosebumps had made home on his skin. BOOM! Thunder roared and soon a flash of light lit up the dismal room. Fortunately, Jesse had knew of this storm and placed a protection charm over each area in the sanctuary so that the dragons would not get wet, cold, or alarmed by the thunder and lightning. Oh, how he wished he knew the charm and placed it over the house, then he might get some sleep.

In the other room, Ryan was in a similar position, her blankets wrapped around her, over the top of a jumper, as well! She too couldn't sleep, not because she was afraid of storms but because it was merely impossible to relax in this weather. Every time she shut her eyes, lightning forks would rain down and thunder would clap, jolting her back to being wide awake.

After a bit of time, Charlie decided to check on Orion and see if she was okay. His bare feet padded on the hard wooden floors and he knocked on the door, before popping his head around it. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, you?" She shivered.

"Bit cold, thas'all." Charlies teeth chattered. "Hold on I have an idea, grab you blanket and come with me." Without even questioning him, Ryan followed him into his bedroom. He laid down on his bed and made room for her next to him, "C'mon." He motioned for her, "Like old times, eh?"

Orion slid into the bed next to him and covered the pair in her blankets, "Yeah it is."

When she was younger, and stayed over the Burrow, if she couldn't sleep she would sneak into Charlie and Bill's room. When a large storm struck Devon, and both her and Ginny failed to sleep, both slightly scared, being at the young age they were, they both made their way into the boys' room. Ryan went in with Charlie most of the time as Ginny went in with Bill. The older boys helped the pair sleep by telling them stories of Hogwarts and held them close as they fell asleep. The only good part of a storm at night when at the Burrow was that every time Ron would get scared he would sneak in with Fred and George who also were scared and the three would proceed to huddle in with Percy for the night and boy did Orion never let the three live it down.

'That's a story to tell Harry and Hermione' she internally smirked.

Charlie wrapped his arms and Orion and said, "It's warmer now."

"Mhmm." She hummed in return.

Neither slept that night, but at least they were warm. By morning the storm had eased and the sun shone brightly. Both of them traipsed around the sanctuary taking off the protection charms so that the dragons could fly if the wished too; meanwhile they also dropped off the food for each of the animals. They took their time, but once at Fraser's habitat, they hurried, Jasper being present and not taking his eyes off of Orion as she walked by Charlie.

He smirked, "Morning Ry, Charlie." Orion glanced momentarily at him to see him coming closer to them. "Quite a storm last night, don't you think."

"Yeah, now c'mon Ry, we better carry on." Charlie nodded, holding her arm adn guiding her away from the boy.

Jasper clutched onto her wrist, "Now Ry, why don't you stay and help me. Charlie is more than capable of working alone."

She shook his arm off, muttering: "I'm fine thanks."

"But Ry-"

"She said she is fine, now leave off." Charlie snapped. Jasper raised his hands in surrender a stupid smirk slapped across his face, as he backed away chuckling lightly.

Orion shook her head and she and Charlie carried on with their work.

* * *

"I hope you both have a merry Christmas, full of happiness and joy. Also have a happy New year, I cannot wait to see how we progress over the next twelve months. I also cannot wait to see what else you bring to the sanctuary, Ryan." Jesse hugged the pair, who had their trunks in hand.

"And you, both." They replied towards Jessie and Cassie.

Charlie held onto his trunk and apparated to 12 Grimmauld Place. Orion followed suit. The pair landed in the dining room and of course Orion ended up falling over, a chair falling with her. The man chuckled helping her to her feet. "Country to country will be difficult the first few times."

"Don't I know it." She said, rubbing her bum, "my arse hurts."

"Do you want me to kiss it better?" Charlie teased swatting her with a piece of parchment that was left on the table.

"Fuck off!" Ryan hissed back before calling out, "SIRIUS? REMUS?"

Padding of footsteps echoed in the hall and Kreacher trotted in. "Master Blood-traitor and that filthy mutt, have gone to some place called The Burrow, for this holiday."

Orion's hair turned flaming red, "DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM LIKE THAT!"

Kreacher backed out of the room as her hair went back to her blonde colour. "I guess we should head over there then?" Charlie cleared his throat.

"I guess." Ryan rubbed the back of her neck and clutched her trunk. Instead this time, Charlie held onto her as well as his trunk and side-apparated to his home.

"I've missed this place." He breathed out, a wide grin spreading on his face.

"Me too."