Chapter 16

Chapter 16>> Boxers and period talks. 

Song of The Chapter>> Madhouse By Little Mix

After breakfast, it seemed as if Ron had a question he was dying to ask Remus and Sirius. "Alright, I'm just gonna come right out-"

"I always knew he was the bent ruler in the family."Ginny snorted only to be smacked in the head by the boy who glared at her. 

"Ginny!" Cried her mother in a shriek. She looked down to her hands as her eyes widened in horror at her mothers yell. "Continue Ron, dear."

"How did you come up with the names Moony, Padfoot, Prongs and Wormtail?" 

Sirius smirked as Remus was stood up with Orion and Molly who were clearing the plates away. "Well, you want to know why we call Moony, Moony?" The others nodded and Sirius jumped up next to his best friend. He grinned like Cheshire cat as Remus looked confused. He then bent down and pulled down the scarred man's trousers with a WHOOSH, revealing black boxer shorts with bare arses on them. "There you go!"

"Hey they match the sweater I gave you for Christmas!" Cried Orion who was giggling madly.

"Yes, a present from James in our seventh year." Remus shone red.  

"An you still wear them?" Tonks questioned. 

"They're comfortable!" He exclaimed before turning to the raven-haired man. "You wanna know why we call him Padfoot?"He then pulled down Sirius' trousers to reveal blue boxer-shorts with bare feet and sanitary towels on them. The women except Fleur, chortled with laughter, Remus, Arthur, Bill and Charlie joining them. Fleur looked disgusted at the sight. 

"I'm confused." George said. "It's bare feet and-"

"Sanitary towels." Hermione answered. 

"What are they?" Asked Fred, cluelessly. 

Orion sat beside her best friend and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, "they are more commonly known as Period pads" She said patting his shoulder. Fred, George and Harry all muttered and 'oh' before laughing but Ron still sat puzzled.

"Ron, they sit in the bottom of girls knickers collecting the blood from a girls period." Orion stated as if it was the most normal thing to say in the world. 

They boys' nose scrunched up in disgust and his eyes widened in horror. "That's horrific!"

"You don't have to go through it once a month Ronald!" Snapped Hermione. 

"W-wait so you mean, girls lose blood from their-their-"

"-Vagina."Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, that." Ron nodded flustered, EVERY MONTH?!"

"Yes, Ron dear." Molly nodded. 

"Merlin's beard!" The boy cried. "And you don't die from blood loss?"

"No, because it isn't like litres of blood it isn't that much." Tonks shook her head. 

"But why?" 

Orion coughed and sat up properly her arms now resting on the table. She stared straight at ron before answering his question, "Every month a woman goes through what is called, the menstrual cycle. The menstrual cycle is controlled by hormones. In each cycle, rising levels of the hormone oestrogen cause the ovary to develop and release an egg (ovulation). The womb lining also starts to thicken. In the second half of the cycle, progesterone helps the womb to prepare for implantation of a developing embryo. The egg travels down the fallopian tubes. If pregnancy doesn't occur, the egg is reabsorbed into the body. Levels of oestrogen and progesterone fall, and the womb lining comes away and leaves the body as a period (the menstrual flow). A period is made up of blood and the womb lining. The first day of a woman's period is day one of the menstrual cycle. Periods last around two to seven days, and women lose about three to five tablespoons of blood in a period, however it can be more." 

"That's gross." Ron choked on air. 

"You're gross!" Orion said. 

"Okay, munchkin you're supposed to be an adult, those comebacks can be left in your childhood." 

"Oh shove off Fred. The menstrual cycle is a part of a girl slash woman's life and if it gross to him then he can shove his opinion right up his-"

Fleur leaned clsoer to her husband before saying, "Is this a normal breakvast?"

"Pretty much." Nodded Bill.

"Zis is crazy." 

"Wait so what happens if you get knocked up?" Ron asked. 

"Pregnancy happens if a man's sperm meet and fertilise the egg. Sperm can survive in the fallopian tubes for up to seven days after sex.

Occasionally, more than one egg is released during ovulation. If more than one egg is fertilised it can lead to a multiple pregnancy, such as twins."Hermione answered for Orion who was currently sat on Fred's lap as the man had his arm covering her mouth so that her profanities could not be heard as she tried to jump across the table at Ron. 

"So mum had more than one chicken leave an egg in her?"

"For crying out loud!" Charlie exclaimed. "A chicken did not leave multiple eggs in mum, her ovaries produced them!"

"What are ovaries?"

"Ron I swear if you don't shut up-"

"You will do nothing; it is okay for your brother to be curious and confused." Arthur cut George off. 

"Ry, are you going to stop yelling at my brother and sit nicely?" Fred asked the girl. She nodded her head and Fred removed his arm from her mouth. She stayed put where she was sitting and glared at Ron. 

"You need to visit Madam Pince and ask her for a book on puberty." She said before turning to her godfathers. "And you two have to pull your trousers up!" 

Remus' cheeks rosied up and he quickly pulled his trousers up and sat down at the table. Sirius smirked and slowly pulled up his jeans. "You loved that sight, Ryan." 

"Oh bugger off." Orion spat.

"Don't deny it you have the sexiest Godfather in the world."

"Yeah Remus isn't bad on the eye." 

"You'll pay for that!"

"No, because even Harry agrees Remus is the sexiest Godfather."

"But Moony ain't even his Godfather, I am!"

Fleur sighed, and rested her head on Bill's shoulder, "Zis is a mad 'ouse."

A/n-

S/o to ObsessedPotter for giving me the idea about the boxers scene whilst we were on camp.