Chapter 34

Chapter 34>>Love and Potterwatch.

Song of The Chapter>>Dusk till Dawn by Zayn and Sia

Dean and Orion arrived at a cave courtesy of Remus who said that they should be safe for now there, but if not, to run but stay together. The pair both had bags with undetectable extension charms on them with essentials in there and they made a fire to keep warm. "It's been two hours and I have already had enough, God-knows how Hermione, Harry and Ron are managing to do it." Stated Dean as he placed some potatoes in tin foil in the embers to cook. "Are you okay?" He asked looking at Orion who was rummaging in her bag. 

"Yeah." She replied, "I get what you mean, I hope that they're okay. However, I am looking for a book to read that I brought with as I am also bored as hell." She said and pulled out two Narnia books, "You want one?" Dean nodded and gratefully took one of his favourites off of her. 

"Can I ask you something?" He questioned after a while of reading and checking on the potatoes. Orion placed a bookmark in between the pages and sat up properly awaiting Dean to continue. "How did you know you really liked Fred?"

She thought for a moment, "I don't know, to be honest, I just had a feeling in my gut. You know? I also had whirly feelings in my stomach, as cliché as it sounds, I did, why? Do you still like Ginny?"

Dean shook his head, "No, but I keep having these feelings around someone else and have for years, I just thought it was normal but they're different to what I had with Ginny. It's like you said, a whirly feeling, and sometimes I feel sick but not in a bad way if that makes sense."

"Then why are your doubting it?" Orion asked as he started tearing up, she wrapped an arm around his shoulder bringing him into a hug.

He let out a small sob before answering, "Because it's wrong. I shouldn't like them like I do, they won't like me back and it's just wrong!"

"Dean, tell me who it is. Then I will tell you if it is wrong because I sure as hell believe that it probably isn't."

Dean looked down, "Seamus."

"Seamus?"

"See I told you it was wrong!"

Orion smacked the back of his head, "It's not wrong you dunce! Far from it! So you like boys? Big fucking whoop, I like boys, I could like girls, I don't but I could, whether it is girl on girl, boy on boy, boy on girl, love is love, there is no difference. But it's okay to be confused."

"But I liked girls!"

"Then you are bisexual, it's perfectly normal, Dean, you can like both. If anyone thinks otherwise then fucking beat them to the ground!" Ryan stated and jumped up. "Like grab them by their hair swing 'em around, throw them on the ground, sit on them, slap them, then bat-bogey hex the shit outta them, you got me? Don't let anyone tell you it's wrong because it's not."

Dean nodded and pulled the elder girl into a hug, "If Fred wasn't in the picture I would marry you just because of your advice."

The girl snorted and patted his back, "Save it for Seamus, mate."

* * *

The first few nights were okay, the pair had no trouble and were good company to each other, but on the fourth night, it took a turn for the worst as they heard the voices of people outside of the cave, despite all of the protective enchantments. "Dean!" Orion hissed, shoving him awake. 

"What?" He grumbled, and fell out of his hammock in the tent but shot awake as he heard voices. "Is that?" Orion nodded and immediately they packed everything away, Orion using magic to pack the tent away and slip it into Dean's bag. "How are we going to get out?" He asked in a whispered tone. 

"Keep hold of my arm." Dean gripped onto her wrist making sure that his and her bag were secure on their backs before they disapparated with a loud crack, breaking the enchantments and alerting the snatchers who raced into the cave to find nothing but a gone-out fire. 

The pair landed in a forest in Wales and instantly Orion made the protective enchantments, using 'muffliato' as well, before they put the tent up, the muggle way. It wasn't until they sat at the table outside of the tent and sighed in relief that they felt okay, except for their racing hearts. "That was close." Said Dean. 

"Yup, too close. Hopefully, we should be able to last longer here. Do you want to listen to the radio? I know this weeks password, for Potterwatch." Said Orion pulling out her radio from her bag. Dean shrugged and they listened in to Remus,Kingsley, Sirius, Fred, George, and Lee. 

"So we are onto those who we know are on the run, over to Rodent-" They heard Lee say, but was cut short by Fred.

"-It's Rapier. But yes, just this week, Orion Waterstone and Dean Thomas have gone into hiding together, along with Ted and Andromeda Tonks, as well as others such as, Ernie MacMillan, Cassandra Fern... " Just hearing Fred's voice made her heart ache, she missed him so much more now that she couldn't speak to him at all. 

"Ah yes, thank you Rapier." She heard Sirius say and a smile formed on her lips, "Snuffles here, as well as her going on the run, we have caught wind that Orion Waterstone has recently got engaged to her prat of a boyfriend, Fred Weasley, who has not gone into hiding and does not know where his sweetheart is. Congratulations to the pair, it is some light in the long dark tunnel ahead, however if Fred breaks his heart, his nose and whole of his body will be broken-"

A cough sounded and George cut in, "-So we have heard from her godfathers, anyway, bravo to the pair, I have heard that the best man is quite dashing as well. Oh, by the way, it's Ruckus here, but I shall pass over to Royal." He referenced to Kingsley. 

"Thank you very much, Ruckus. We continue to hear truly inspirational stories of wizards and witches risking their own safety to protect friends and neighbours, often without the Muggles' knowledge. I'd like to appeal to all our listeners to emulate their example, perhaps by casting a protective charm over any Muggle dwellings in your street. Many lives could be saved if such simple measures are taken." Informed Kingsley. 

"And what would you say, Royal, to those listeners who reply that in these dangerous times, it should be 'wizards first'?"  Asked Lee. 

  "I'd say that it's one short step from 'wizards first' to ' first', and then to ''. We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same and worth saving."  

"Quite right, Royal, Romulus here, we must end the broadcast here for now. Now we do not know when we will be able to cast next, however, when we do, the password will be Prewett. Now stay safe, help others and we will be back reporting more about the wizarding world, Lightning and this is the end of Potterwatch today." The radio went to crackles and Dean leaned forwards to turn it off. 

"It's crazy how everything is, isn't it?" He asked Orion who wiped a tear from her cheek. 

"It is, but if they are able to shed light, so are we, we have just got to carry on doing what we are doing and pray that we will be alright."