Chapter 42

Chapter 42>> Weak

Song of the Chapter>> Stronger (what doesn't kill you) by Kelly Clarkson

Fred refused to leave the hospital room and to let go of Orion's hand. He barely slept or ate and in theory he was slowly making himself ill. Remus was far more stressed than usual, having Teddy to look after, his goddaughter in a coma and his lycanthropy, Sirius was helping him but he too was stressed.

When Fred did fall asleep, someone out of the group were awake and beside Orion making sure she was okay. They could tell Fred was having nightmares as he called out in his sleep for the girl and cried as well. Also, when he awoke he would pull his chair closer to the bed and bury his head in her arm or chest clinging to her shirt letting tears soak it.

The healers tried to have Orion in a hospital gown but after protested changing her into one of his shirts each day. He would brush her hair, not let the healers bed bath her, he would do that himself, but he would also press a kiss to her lips every so often. Fred would also graze his thumb across her forehead, pushing stray pieces of hair away that had fallen. But most of all he would love her, he would care for her, and he didn't stop doing so. Molly captured everything on a camera Arthur had in his muggle item collection, Hermione showing her how to use it, she knew Orion would want to see it when she awoke-if she awoke.

One afternoon, Fred was alone in the hospital room with her. He clutched her hand and traced circles on the back of it, bringing it to his lips once in a while. "You know, you can really tell that you are related to a Potter.,"he said to her, "you never are away from trouble, danger or a hospital. But, I guess so am I. I just don't understand, you're twenty nearly twenty one and you've had a heart attack. That's not right, someone so young shouldn't have that happen to them. Merlin, you make me worry so much and you know I will never stop worrying about you. Always have always will.

Even when you're walking down that aisle I will still be worrying whether you'll trip and hurt yourself or you'll say no. I wouldn't blame you if you said no. I don't know how you've put up with me for so long, but to live with me for the rest of your life, there must be something wrong with your mind, missus.

Mum, keeps telling me she's proud of me. I don't think I've heard that from her mouth about me or Georgie much. You know she only really praises the others. It's kind of strange really, she says that I've gone through hell and back and she's proud of me being so strong but-" Fred's voice cracked, and tears welled in his eyes.

"I'm not strong, Ry. I'm really not. I heard healers talking, they-they said that after what happened, you d-dying, the likelihood of you waking up is slim. I-I can't have that. I keep having dreams that the long beeping noise sounds and I can't, I can't keep staying strong. I hate it. I wish that it would have happened to me and not you. Actually no, I wish it would have happened to someone else and neither of us, because I don't want to put you in the position I am in right now. It hurts, it physically hurts like I am being stabbed and dragged into a dark hole that is suffocating me.

I just need you to wake up, please, we're meant to be getting married, you're going to be my wife and we're going to grow old and ugly, and by that I mean, I'll still be fabulous, but I am sure you can get some surgery or anti-ageing cream. Or Georgie and I can create a sweet especially for you that will stop you from looking old and ugly. But that's beside the point. I want to grow old with you, I want you to have my children, Fred junior one, Fred junior two, Fred junior three, Fred junior four...all the way to Fred junior sixteen. Or we can have more, I don't mind, but what I am trying to say is that I need you to open your eyes, greet the world and say I do before we enjoy the sheets of our bed for a while."

"You're awful you know that." Said a voice from the door. "You realise she would have to push sixteen babies out of her vagina right?"

"So? Mum did it Bill, seven times remember and still I was the best out of them all." Fred chuckled dryly. "How long have you been here anyway?"

Bill sat beside his brother and pulled him into a hug. "The whole time. You don't have to cover up your emotions, Fred. You two have gone through thick and thin and none of us can really relate to how you are feeling but if you tell someone like you have just told Ry, it will make you feel better. You sounded more like yourself after a while there. It's admirable of you."

"It's just me being weak."

"You're not weak. No way. Granted you and George were not perfect and had more detentions that Harry, Ron and Hermione combined, or were not prefects or head-boys. If anything you guys are better than us all. You guys, despite people looking down on it all, kept doing what you love, you built up a business of you own with little help, we all know Harry gave you the money, but you two did most of it yourselves. Mum, dad and us siblings may not say that we are proud of you often but we are, we are all really proud of you. And because of your determination in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, we can tell that you won't give up on Ry or anything at all. She'll wake up. After all, just like you said, if she can put up with you for this long and want to be tied down to you, she can get through anything and so can you."

"Thanks Bill."

"No need to thank me, it's the truth."