Chapter 28

Chapter 28>> The funeral.

Song Of The Chapter>> don't you worry child by Madilyn Bailey (cover)

It was Dumbledore's funeral the next day and many wizards and witches flocked to the ceremony. Hagrid carried the deceased Headmaster his loud sobs echoing around the grounds. Orion held both of the twins' hands as she sat between them. They knew that everything would only get worse from here on and they knew that Harry would be at the brunt of it. The ceremony was beautiful and thankfully Snape didn't turn up, if he had he would have been attacked by so many people after the news spread that he in fact was the one to murder Dumbledore ruining the 'calm' before the storm.

After the ceremony and Dumbledore was placed in his tomb everyone departed all still shedding tears. Jesse and Cassie along with a few other sanctuary workers came from Romania. Even Jasper. Fred wanted to do badly beat the crap out of him even more but restrained himself due to the solemn state he was in after Dumbledore's death and Bill's attack.

Orion also saw Emma from the piercing shop and she was with Jasper. Then it all clicked. Emma had a brother in Romania and then after Jasper was fired she and Orion spoke through messages and her brother had returned home. It was then Orion stopped talking to Emma in fear of Jasper finding out and she made sure she kept out of the other girls' eye.

After returning to the Burrow for a few hours, Ryan and Charlie had to bid goodbye to everyone and return to Romania. They had already made sure it was okay with Jesse and Cassie that they had Bill and Fleur's wedding off which of course they said yes to and let them have a whole week off.

The pair arrived back at their house in Romania and both sighed. The storm was coming.

* * *

As usual they looked after Descar and Norbert and also helped with other dragons but their mood was still down and in the dumps. "Charlie, do you think Harry will be okay?" Orion asked one afternoon whilst picking dead scales off of Norberts' tail.

"He'll get through everything, of course getting scratched along the way but other than that, I believe everything will turn out alright." The man replied throwing a remain of an animal to Descar.

Orion turned to him with her brows furrowed and her lips curled down into a frown. "How can you be so sure? How can you be so optimistic?"

"He's Harry freakin' Potter. He's the boy who lived, he'll get through it."

"But what about the rest of us?"

Charlie looked down before dropping the bucket and joking the girl resting against the tree in the shade. "Don't think like that. Of course, there are so many risks but everyone will be okay. As long as we all stick together, we'll be invincible."

"Char-"

"If you're so worried Ry, try distracting yourself. I am worried, believe me, we all are but we need to keep our minds clear but full of hope and determination. One war has already finished, we'll get through a second one."

Orion nodded, "I suppose you are right.  It's just everyone has already lost so much and losing Dumbledore has topped it off, he is the only one you-know-who is scared of. Now what?"

"If I remember rightly, you are the girl that in her third year called the old git fugly and helped Fred and George throw snowballs at Quirrel's turban which was concealing the sick bastard. And you're scared?"

"I've always been scared."

Charlie dragged the girl into his arms and held her tight. He had grown up with her as his other sister, she has lost her parents, brother-like figure and actual brothers. She nearly lost one of her godfathers, her aunt and uncle are dead and her cousin is the chosen one. Orion Waterstone had gone through so much and not once has she complained that she is scared of Voldemort until now.

Charlie knew he couldn't stop her fears but he knew that being there would help her, and her being there with him was helping him too. He was scared for his family-his parents, his brothers, his sister, Ryan, Harry, Hermione, Tonks, Lupin, Sirius, everyone. But mostly he was scared for himself, would he be able to cope if something happened to his family? What if one died? He also knew he shouldn't think like that and was wing hypocritical by doing so after what he had told the girl in his arms. But he couldn't help it. That thought was the subject to all of his nightmares.

They were growing up in a war zone.

A/n- this is short af but I will hopefully update again over the next couple of days.