Chapter 43

Chapter 43>> Twitch.

Song of the Chapter>> Wake up by the vamps.

In the midst of the night, George stayed awake as Molly held his twin as they slept. He held onto one of Orion's hands rubbing his thumb across her cold skin. He took the time to let his eyes travel across the visible skin, and stopped one it was interrupted by the engagement ring on her finger. He leaned closer and studied it. It was simple but elegant, and so Orion. He then tore his gaze to her face. For once she seemed so peaceful. No worrying, no sadness, nothing.

George then turned to look at his brother and mother, the latter who agreed to stay with them at the hospital that night. He had seen Molly stressed, upset, worried so much but the way she held tightly onto Fred as he slept broken. "Ryan. I don't know if you can hear me but if you can, do not leave us. Please." Said George, it was a simple few sentences, but held so much emotion within them. So much.

The room remained silent until Molly moved in her sleep, her eyes opening slowly. "Sweetheart, are you okay?" She asked George. "I need to nip to the toilet, will you be okay?"

George nodded and Molly carefully let go of Fred and shuffled out of the room. Fred readjusted his position in sleep, his face contorting into discomfort as he muttered the name of his fiancé. It tore George apart looking at his brother in that state. But he quickly snapped his head down at Orion's hand.

He had felt a twitch.

And another.

"Fred!" He exclaimed. "Fred wake up!"

The man jumped awake in alarm and gripped tighter onto his fiancés hand. "What is it?" He asked worriedly.

"I felt her hand twitch."

Fred sat on the edge of his seat and caressed a Orion's hair. "Come on, show me. Show me you can hear us." He begged. Nothing happened. He kept persisting, kept begging. "Ry? C'mon!"

Molly returned and looked in confusion at her two sons. "I swear I'm not lying! It happened twice! I promise you Freddie, I felt her hand twitch."

The three kept trying and eventually she reacted to Fred. Her thumb pressed down on his hand. He let out a sob. His head dropping onto her chest and his breath escaped from his lips, a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Thank Merlin. You can bloody well hear us!" He cried, "You're in there, baby!"

George and Molly grinned in happiness. Molly exiting to send a patronising to everyone to let them know of the revelation before going to find a healer.

* * *

"So you are saying she can definitely hear us?" Sirius reiterated. Fred nodded.

Over the course of two weeks each person that visited got some sort of reaction from Orion. Whether it was a hand squeeze or a twitch, there was a reaction. Fred got the most reaction out of Orion he even swear he felt her lip curl when he kissed her one morning. He couldn't prove it of course because he couldn't see it but it felt like it.

One day Molly got Fred to leave the hospital, very reluctantly. He didn't want to leave her there but Harry and Sirius who were staying there made sure that if anything new happened he would be the first to know.

Molly let Fred shower and made him a hearty breakfast at the Burrow before taking a trip to their shop which George was running with the help of Lee and Verity whilst Fred was at the hospital. Upon entering the shop, a smile rose to his lips and he laughed for the first time in a while as he saw a boy play with a product. Molly led her son up to his flat to relax and sort through some things. "So have you thought about any wedding plans?" She asked him as they took a seat on the sofa.

"All I know is that even if it is just me, Ry, the person hosting the ceremony and two witnesses in pile of cow dung, that would be the best day of my life anyway. I don't want anything fancy, so the far opposite of Bill's. I don't want too much trouble as long as we get married that's all that I want." Fred explained.

Molly nodded, "Do you know if she has thought  into it at all?"

Fred shook his head, "No. We agreed just to wait until it was all over, this conundrum not being part of our plan at all. I still can't get over the fact she has a heart attack, mum. I don't think I'll ever forget the horror and fright on her face as she pulled around in agony, it was frightening."

Molly pulled Fred into her arms and kissed his forehead, "I'm sure you won't, dear. But it shouldn't have to remind you of something horrendous, instead it should remind you of how brave you both are and what you have gone through to reach this far.

I spoke to that healer, Quentin, earlier this morning and he suggested that it may have been to stress and trauma. Which we all know she has had a lot of. I told him about her parents and how they treated her, asking him if that may have caused it and he said it could've been just that. Seeing her parents and brothers choose evil, finding out that they betrayed family and trying force her too as well. Then what happened between them, Sirius, Remus, Tonks and Ryan during the battle. That could've tipped it over the edge.

It is a terrible thing but it also has shown that she was under too much stress. And when she wakes up. You two are to stay at the Burrow where I can see you. I will tell Georgie that he has to shut the shop for a few days and the three of you and Lee can all relax in the garden or the house and do absolutely anything to do so. George also told me about your plans to get drunk with the other three girls and Oliver. Don't do that straight away as she may be on medication but as soon as you can, the group of you will do it."

Fred grinned, "Thanks mum. I really do love yo a lot."

"I love you too Freddie, more so than you think."