Oneshot No.2

Ace was a peculiar baby

Ace was a peculiar baby. Unlike any other baby Fred and Orion has come across in their lives, Ace was very quiet. At first they thought he was ill, so many trips to St Mungo's later, they accepted that he was simply just a quiet baby. Of course, that didn't mean that he didn't cry or make any noises at all, Fred and Orion still woke up in the night from him crying for food, a winding or a nappy change.

To be honest, Bill, Fleur, Remus and Tonks were all jealous. Whilst they spent most of their days attending to their loud-arse babies, Fred and Orion sat back and watched as Ace played with his toys quietly, or slept a lot. It wasn't as if they didn't care however, they still checked on him and fussed over him so much it was as if they were mini versions of Molly herself.

If someone tried to give the Ace chocolate or sweets as a toddler both of them came down on them like a rain cloud. They didn't want him having such things just yet, he didn't need it, he was a young child. If Molly tried to dunk his dummy into her tea, they would stop her, Molly and three sugars, too much sugar for a toddler. They weren't over-protective, Ace simply didn't need those food products at that age.

He was four years old when he first had chocolate and sweets. An age both Orion and Fred agreed was okay for him to have them. Ace never complained, he liked the wait, it was exciting and something to look forward to. Molly and Arthur had constantly reminded them that it wouldn't hurt the young boy having treats like chocolate before he was four, but it wasn't even Orion who wanted to have Ace wait-it was Fred's idea. ("I just think it would be better to wait! He's a toddler! He doesn't know what he is missing! Just wait!")

At the age of four Ace ate his first chunk of chocolate with a large grin on his face. The treat was a strange thing to him. He hadn't tasted anything like it before and he found it marvellous. His parents videoed his reaction keeping it stored with other recorded events. It was something that they would cherish. Especially after what Ace has said to his parents afterwards. "Thank you for making me wait, it's better!" He made his mothers' heart melt, their son was such a cute and quiet boy. Definitely not what anyone would have expected Fred and Orion's child to be like, given their personalities, but that's what made him so special.

He waited for chocolate.

But he didn't care, he loved the wait.

But that's just Ace for you.