Chapter 20

Chapter 20>> On her own.

Song of the Chapter>>On my own by Ross Lynch

Orion landed in an alleyway and discretely walked out onto the main street. She trekked the streets until she came to a park where she sat down for a while. She brought out her phone and tinkered about on it for a few hours watching as families brought their kids out for a little run around for the first time that year, all wrapped up in hats, coats and scarfs all looking cozy, compared to Orion who was in a loose top, some ripped jeans and a leather jacket. However, she wasn't that cold to be fair. 

Her red hair waved around in the wind and she constantly had to swipe it out of her face. Not that she cared too much, she was enjoying her peace and quiet. Oddly, that's one thing she misses about Romania, as much as there is raging Dragon's, it is rather quiet, especially as it is just her and Charlie. Of course, there was no denying she enjoys and loves the feeling of being around those she calls her family but as there is so many of them, it can get loud and cramped. It was bad enough with six of them when it was her, her brothers, and parents, how on earth the Weasley's coped with nine of them at once, she didn't know. 

It must have been at least three in the afternoon when she made her way to the shops on the busy street and started to look around them. She didn't have much Muggle money on her but looking around wouldn't hurt. Most of the bigger shops were shut been as it was a festive day but some of the small family businesses were open-like a piercing shop. Orion always wanted her eyes done a couple more times, she had her first holes but a few more always appealed to her. 

At the counter sat a purple haired woman with multiple piercings in her ears, and a lip ring along with a septum ring too. She had a bandana wrapped around her hair which was in a messy bun and she was wearing a pink but punk style short dress, with some black ankle boots. "hello, how can I help you?" She asked Orion who was glancing at some pictures on the wall. 

"Oh, hi, um, I was wondering how much piercings are?"Orion replied, walking to the counter.

"Well it depends on what you want, for a nose, including the septum, it is seven quid, the eyebrow is a fiver along with a lip and a tongue is a tenner. But you can have a look at this sheet and it'll tell you the prices for each piercing on the ear." The woman smiled and handed her a laminated sheet. 

Orion's eyes widened, "Wow

Orion's eyes widened, "Wow. these are so cheap!"

The woman chuckled, "Yeah, we are a family owned business, but I can assure you we have had all of the right training and everything is sterilised and clean." 

"Alright." Ryan nodded. 

"So what can I do for you?" 

"Is it possible to get both of my ears pierced with my second and third and my right ear having a helix?"

"Yeah, o'course, although it'll be painful for at least a week sleeping on your side." The woman replied, writing down what Orion wanted. 

"That won't be a problem." Orion smiled. 

The woman nodded, "Okay, take a seat over there and I will get everything. Do you want a ring or stud for your helix?"

"Can I have a ring please?" 

The woman nodded, "Can I take your name?"

"Orion, but you can put Ry if you want, my full name is awful." She said, cringing at her full name. 

"Well, that is a unique name, but I can't talk I'm Emeraude. But call me Emma." The woman put on some gloves, picked out some earrings and then took the needle over with her. "You can choose your earrings." Orion chose the ones she liked and then Emma got on with what she needed to do. It didn't take long and she was done. 

"Thank you, Emma." Smiled Ryan, who went into her back pocket to get the money. She pulled out some notes and a few coins fell onto the ground. "Crap!" She exclaimed and bent down to pick up the stray coins, they weren't Muggle ones either!

Emma helped Orion and stared at a galleon. "you're a witch?"

Orion choked on air, "No, it's a fake coin my friend slipped into my pocket earlier and I forgot to take it out." 

Emma chuckled and handed her the coin, "It's alright, I know it's a galleon, I went to Hogwarts too. I was a Hufflepuff."

"You were?!" 

"Yeah." She nodded, "I don't seem that much older than you, how old are you?"

"I'm nineteen." 

"Ah, I knew I recognised you, I am only a year older. You must be the girl Wood told me about, said he left you as Captain." 

"You know Wood? But yes he did, although half way through the year something happened and I stepped down, Angelina Johnson took over. Now it's my cousin, Harry."

"Yes! You're Potters cousin! I bumped into Oliver a few weeks ago, he was in Diagon Alley getting some broom cleaning items, says he only goes there because it's the one he always went too." 

"That's Ollie for you, he has his own strategies and his own ways that he likes to do things with. A bit O-C-D to be honest."

"More like O-T-T."

"That as well." Ryan snorted. "Anyway, here is the money." Emma ran it through the till and handed her the change. "Thank you again."

"No problem, Ry. Do you have a Muggle phone at all?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'd love to keep in touch with you, you seem cool. That is if you want."

"Sure." She nodded and passed her her phone so that she could put her number in. 

"Well, I'll text you and maybe we could go out or something?"

"Yeah that sounds good, but I work in Romania. I go back tomorrow, I was off for the holidays." Orion bit her lip awkwardly. 

"Oh, okay. Well when you're back ext let me know or if I happen to be in Romania, I'll ket you know. We can still text or summat." Emma shrugged handing her the phone back. 

"That sounds good."

"Yeah, my brother works over there so I may just have to visit him." She laughed. 

"Maybe." 

"Right well I better close up now, we shut early as it is a holiday. I'll see you around, yeah?"

"Yeah." Orion left the shop waving at her new friend before sliding back down an alleyway to apparate back to her house. The day had been good, and she got something done she would love to get done. but what would she return to?

A/n- 

I was meant to have it so Ry was at home for the ending but, I like Emma and I wanted her to have a full chapter so. . . Also, I know the piercings are very cheap but I don't care this is fiction. I know in real life they are like £15+ but eh.

I wonder what she will get back to?