Chapter 35

Chapter 35>> Snatchers

Song of The Chapter>> Fight song by Rachel Platten

The weeks and eventually months grew harder and harder for Orion and Dean. They had moved hiding spots hundreds of times they couldn't even count how many places they had stayed in. They listened to every broadcast of Potterwatch and even met up with others on the run, Ted Tonks and Dirk Cresswell who were staying in a cave and invited Dean and Orion to stay with them. Of course, the pair grew close to Ted, who was, in fact, Tonks' dad and was delighted to meet Orion for the first time, despite the circumstances, due to Tonks telling her parents about the girl.

So many deaths and missing people were being reported, the numbers growing higher each broadcast, Luna Lovegood being one of the latest to go missing. It made Dean and Ryan really get to grips with the danger they were facing and how important it was that if anything happened, they stayed together no matter what. They kept trying to brighten the mood, Dean constantly asking the girl of any thoughts she has on what she wanted to happen at the wedding, and Ryan asking how he would ask Seamus out.

One night the four were sat by a fire talking when Dirk spoke, "It's hard to know what to believe these days, "He said as he took a sip of water from his canteen. 

"I know Harry Potter. And I reckon he's the real thing — the Chosen One, or whatever you want to call it." Dean replied, motioning to Orion, "She's his cousin, she believes he is too!2

Orion nodded, "There's no other explanation for any of this, I think anyway."

  "Yeah, there's a lot would like to believe he's that, son, me included. But where is he? Run for it, by the looks of things. You'd think if he knew anything we don't, or had anything special going for him, he'd be out there now fighting, rallying resistance, instead of hiding. And you know, the Prophet made a pretty good case against him —"  

"Harry is doing the best he can! He's only seventeen!"Orion cried, "Even a fully grown adult couldn't be doing any better than him."Her hair went from its current blonde state that she had changed it too a few weeks ago to flaming red. 

   "The Prophet? You deserve to be lied to if you're still reading that muck, Dirk." Stated Ted, "Believe in these two, not that old rubbish. Believe in Harry, it's all we can do right-" The man was cut off by a woman screaming. 

"The enchantments 'ave broken! He said his name! Julian! Did! They're here!!" She screamed and was pulled up by snatcher. "Run!" The light left her eyes as the killing curse shot out of the man's wand straight into her chest.

Dirk and Ted dropped their drinks and clutched their wands shooting spells at the snatchers. "ou two! Go, get yourselves out of here!"Dirk instructed, Dean, clutched his wand and shot spells Harry taught in the DA just the same as Orion. 

"Ryan, dear go!"Ted yelled, "Tell my girls I love them, Nymph and 'Dromeda, and the baby! Go!" 

Orion nodded and searched the crowd for Dean, she turned to see Dirk fall to the ground lifeless and Ted not long after, she kept her tears at bay and went to grab Dean but was grabbed herself. "You can't run, sister." Kasey spat in her ear and it was then she saw Luke clutching Dean. "Come on boys, let's get our dear Ryan and her friend here to the manor."

* * *

Malfoy Manor.

That's where her parents, brothers and other deatheaters were staying. Dean and she were kept in the dungeon with Luna and Ollivander. Weeks and Weeks went by and Dean was taken and punched, kicked for information, same for Luna and Ollivander, except it was worse for Ryan with her blood family using the cruciatus curse, punches and kicks she still didn't talk. She made sure to remove the ring from her finger and keep it in her pocket so that they couldn't rid her of that like they were trying to rid her of everything else. 

Ollivander huddled in one corner leaving the three youngers to huddle as a group in the darkness to keep warm, Christmas was long gone it must have been April by now, they were not sure, all they were sure of was that they had to have hope. And one day, their hope brought light to them. 

The gate that trapped them in slammed shut and two people banged their fists against it. "HERMIONE!!!" One shouted, a voice they all recognised. 

Standing up, the three entered the light and without a word, Orion threw herself at the two boys, her brittle and smaller body clinging to them. "Thank Merlin, you are okay." She murmured her voice hoarse from the screams she let out as she was tortured. 

"Ryan... "Harry breathed, "You're-You're so... small." 

"It's my family, they treat me worse than the others. What are they doing with 'Mione?" Orion replied as the boys hugged, Luna and Dean, nodding at Ollivander. 

"We don't know, Harry said his name. That's how they caught us. We told them a lie of our names, but they knew it was us nonetheless," Said Ron as Orion slipped the ring back on her finger, knowing that they were going to escape, or she hoped in other words. 

"Mother, Father and the boys would recognise you guys, that's why."

Harry glanced at Orion's left hand, "I thought Ron was lying. He said he heard it on the radio about you and Fred, but it's true?" Orion nodded, "I suppose that's one way of brightening up the future- Dobby?"

"Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends." He passed the wands he had somehow stolen to Harry. Harry passed them to the correct people, just as they heard Hermione scream.

"Mione!" Shouted Ron, fear lacing his words, "we can't leave her!"

"And we won't." Said Orion, "Dobby is it? Take Mr Ollivander, Luna and Dean to Shell Cottage, Bill and Fleur are there and will know what to do, then, get back here as soon as you drop thek off, we'll get Hermione and go."

Dobby laced his hands with Ollivander and reached out for Luna's, "Thank you sir." he miled and held onto Dean's hand with the other. 

"Sir? Dobby likes this one."

"You go too, Ryan." Harry said, "You look like you are about to pass out."

She shook her head, "No, if worse comes to worst I can apparate us out of here."

Harry reluctantly nodded and Dobby dissappeared, taking Ollivander, Dean and Luna with him. "How are we going to get her..." Harry started and cringed as he heard his best friends screams once again. 

"I have an idea."