Chapter 32

Chapter 32>> My laces.

Song of the Chapter>> Night Changes by One Direction

Fred said, "It's time."   

Orion and Charlie entered the house as he said this and they looked at him questioningly. Remus and Sirius smirked but also at the same time looked anxious. Orion removed her coat and hung it on the rack before walking over to her boyfriend who was standing in the middle of the room. "What's time?" She asked him. 

Fred took a deep breath in before holding one her hands, "Before you go, we need to talk." He started his other hand in his back pocket causing him to stand in a slumpish manner. "You know at Bill's wedding we were talking, well I may have lied about something. I've spoken to Sirius and Remus and they said it's okay. I just need to get this off of my chest, as soon as possible. I know it might seem soon but you know how things are."

"Fred, what on earth are you talking about?" Orion asked her eyebrows raised as Fred pulled his hand from hers and the other one from his pocket, that one balled into a fist. 

He stepped back from her saying, "Hold on, my laces."He knelt down to tie his laces but then looked up at her. "After the war is over, Ryan, will you marry me?" He asked and in the balled up fist he presented a small ring with a single diamond on it. 

She blinked in shock, "This isn't another dream, is it? You're not going to turn into Flint and try to snog me are you?"

Fred guffawed, "No, this is real."

She grinned and nodded her head. "Yes."

Fred jumped up slipping the ring onto her left ring finger and pulled her into a hug kissing her neck quickly. Orion noticed both her godparents wiping their eyes and Charlie staring in disbelief. "My younger brother is engaged, to Orion Waterstone, the tiny little kids who used to sneak into Bill and I's room if they had a nightmare, are engaged. I feel old."

"Join the club." Sirius agreed before pulling his goddaughter from her fiancé and pulling her into a hug. "Your aunt and uncle would be so proud, look at you, all grown up."

She turned to Remus and allowed him to join the hug. "I'm happy for you, you may be young but times are changing dramatically, I will respect your decisions." 

She smiled and released them before joining Fred and linked her fingers with his. "How long have you?"

"Do you want the truth?" The girl nodded, "Well Georgie and I only had to use about seven hundred and fifty galleons on the shop. We then split the rest and I spent it on the ring and had some spare. I bought it just after leaving Hogwarts, even when I was with Genesis, I bought the ring."

"You took a big risk, you didn't even know that we would get back together." She gasped. 

He shook his head, "It was a risk worth taking. Now, let's get you to the Burrow, we need to tell mum and all that, not even Georgie knows I had the ring, let alone was thinking about it. Then we need to, unfortunately, get you to Dean who is about to go into hiding. Are you three coming?" The three older men nodded and Remus grabbed Orion's bag and she slipped her leather jacket back on. Remus, Charlie, and Sirius apparated away and Fred dipped his head down to capture her lips. "I love you and can't wait to marry you once this is over."

"I love you too and can't wait to marry you once this is over either. We better get going." Fred nodded and held her hand disapparating. They landed outside of the enchantments along with Remus, Sirius and Charlie. The five of them entered the charms and made their way to the house making the inhabitants jump as they entered. 

"Oh, my! Ryan, dear, are you okay? You aren't hurt are you?" Gushed Molly hugging her.

"I am perfectly fine, thank you, Molly. However, I am here to say goodbye as I have to go into hiding." The girl replied as she pulled away from her furture mother-in-law.

Molly nodded, "Of course, are you going with Dean who has arrived here so that Remus can take him?" Ryan nodded and greeted the boy with a smile. 

Fred came up beside her and grinned, "But first we have something to tell you all." He said and spied Bill and Fleur who had returned. Arthur sent him a puzzling look but didn't say anything, instead, he waited for Fred to continue. "After the war is over there will be a date you will all need to keep clear in your diary..." 

"as I have asked my beautiful girlfriend to marry me."

Molly shrieked, "Congratulations!" She cried and pulled up the girl's hand to admire the ring causing, Ginny, Tonks and Fleur to join her. 

George stood up shaking his head and playfully shoved his twin, "I thought we agreed that I would marry Ry." Fred rolled his eyes and shoved his twin back. "Congrats, mate. I better be best man."

"That was inevitable," Fred replied pulling his twin into a hug. 

Orion was happy but at the same time it felt wrong, she was happy when her younger cousin and his friends were on the run searching for parts of Voldemorts soul. She looked up at Fred nonetheless and was filled with excitement if only the end could come sooner. Then everything would be good and full of zero worries.

 Or so she hoped.