Chapter 41

Chapter 41>> A few nights after the end.

Song of the chapter>> Hallelujah cover by Alexandra Burke

All was well...

...Or so they thought.

Despite reassuring everyone that she was fine, just like Fred was, Orion wasn't. Her chest still hurt but not as much, but the pain was still awful. The first few nights after the war ended, no one slept properly but they all slept better than her. The large group were staying at the Burrow, including Teddy, and even though she was beside Fred, Orion couldn't fall to sleep and stay asleep for the whole night. Heck, she slept worse than Teddy!

It was the first night that people could sleep better and Orion laid flat on her back, staring up at the familiar ceiling of Fred and George's childhood bedroom, Fred's arm slung over her body and his head on her shoulder. His breath tickled her neck as deep snore escaped his lips and unlike usual his breath didn't have an effect on her, it didn't make her squirm as it tickled or make her wish he was kissing that spot, instead she was frozen unable to move, her chest aching like a large boulder on it.

It must have been six in the morning when she could finally move. Yet, it was not in relief. Her breathing was shorter and her lungs were begging for air as her heartbeat quickened, a stabbing pain shooting through her chest. She rolled around in pain, her face scrunching up and only whimpers coming out of her mouth. She didn't want to wake Fred, but she had to. She didn't know what was wrong with her.

Orion poked Fred as much as she could whilst lulling around in pain but he simply grumbled and rolled over. This caused the woman to panic more. She pushed his back, with all of the force she could despite being weak in that moment. In annoyance, Fred's eyes opened slightly and he turned over tiredly. Upon seeing his fiancé in the state she was in, he awoke properly grasping her hand and pinning her down. "Ry?" He asked in a panic. "What's happening?" She couldn't make any noises now, her eyes were wide open. Fred called out to his twin who awoke groggily.

"What's going on?" He asked and noticed their position. "Why did you wake me? I don't want to know about the different sex positions you guys enjoy- what the hell is wrong with her?" He stopped and sat up in alarm, he noticed the tears welling in Fred's eyes and wasted no time in rushing to get his mother from bed.

Molly hurried in, her husband following. She gasped and cried out in shock ordering Fred to get her to St. Mungos. Fred picked her up, her body still rolling around in his arms. The man disapparated straight away, fortunately, he was wearing all of his clothes to bed for once, having decided to keep a shirt on for once. George followed after as well as Molly, leaving Arthur to alert everyone else.

"Please! I don't know what's wrong with her!" Cried Fred, running to the front desk of the hospital. Instantly healers approached him with a wheelchair to place Ryan in and asked him questions about her and what he knew of what was happening. They rushed her into a room, leaving Fred, George and their mother outside, not allowing them to enter.

* * *

Many healers filed in and out of Orion's room but still, nobody breathed a word to anyone about her state. "What is bloody wrong with her?" Sirius demanded from Fred who sat with his head in his hands.

"I don't know!" The redhead cried, "She woke me up and she was rolling around, not breathing properly, unable to speak. I really don't know. She has been fine since- you know." He looked down, his voice faltering and he let the tears drop, running down his cheeks. George wrapped his arm around his twin, Bill holding him from the other side.

It was a long wait before finally, a healer exited the room bearing news. "It looks as if Miss Waterstone has had a heart attack." The short, stout man who was balding said, pushing up his glasses as he read from a clipboard. "Due to this, there is a lack of oxygen in her brain and in order for us to fix this we have unfortunately had to put her into an induced coma. She is being treated at this moment and we will allow visitors in shortly. I am very sorry about these circumstances."

Remus could barely blink as he took in the healers words about his goddaughter, "She will wake? Right?"

The man glanced down at his paperwork, "It is hard to say, people take these type of comas differently and due to her age, it is very unlikely for her to suffer from a heart attack. We have yet to find the cause of such thing but we are working on it. We shall simply have to have hope, she is young and seems like a fighter."

"But hope isn't going to tell me that my fiancé will wake!" Fred growled, his fists clenching and his eyes sending daggers at the man.

"I know, sir, but we are doing the best we can. I promise you we are. But for now, when you are allowed in, it is best for you to talk to her, she may not be able to reply but that doesn't mean she cannot hear. " The healer, whose name was Quentin, nodded at the extended family before heading off down the hall.

Fred stood up and went to chase after Quentin but Bill stopped him. "Don't, you know she wouldn't want you to beat a healer to the ground." He muttered, his voice strained. Fred shrugged his hand off of his shoulder and turned to the wall nearest to him, swinging his fist at it, before leaning his head against it, his eyes squeezed shut. His breath was jagged and he sobbed, falling to the ground clutching his chest where his pocket was, the pocket that held the photograph.