Chapter 18

Chapter 18>> Happy New Year!

Song of the Chapter>> Happy New Year by ABBA

For the rest of the day, Orion and Fred didn't even speak about their kisses. In fact, after it happened, they played it off as if nothing happened, when they were around everybody else. When actually, every time they were alone they were stealing kisses off of each other and hugging. To say it felt as if a hole had been filled in both of them, would be an understatement. It was as if the wrecking ball that Miley Cyrus was swinging on, (No hate, I love the woman, she's great) that crushed them both, had been stopped last minute and it never happened. Nobody had their suspicions either, they, of course, hugged in front of their families but it was normal for them to do that, they had been doing that long before they got together in the first place. 

Orion helped Molly, Tonks, Hermione, and Ginny in the kitchen to prepare the food for dinner. Fleur was asked to help but her reply was that 'She is a guest and guests are not supposed to help.' Utter bullshit, in Orion's eyes, she could tell the others except Bill were thinking that too. Everyone knows that in the Weasley family you help, no matter what, even if you are not asked, you help. Of course, that was not a written or official rule, it just happens. Remus, Arthur, and Sirius were setting up decorations. Fred and George were running over some business plans, Bill and Charlie were moving some furniture, which made more room for the big group. They lugged cabinets and chairs to other rooms and other places, of course, they asked Orion first who told them to do as they please. Ron and Harry were off sorting out some beds for everyone in other rooms, occasionally calling an of age person to transfigure a bed from a stray book or useless object. They made the beds, making them comfortable for everyone. Whilst Fleur sat idly reading a copy of the latest addition to a French newspaper. 

The dinner was prepared, eaten, (they had lunch earlier as well), and cleared up. Fleur reluctantly helped this time. Soon everybody were sat around in the living room, in their own small conversations. The trio were talking, Remus, Sirius, and Bill talking. Orion and the twins talking, Arthur and Molly talking, and lastly, Charlie and Tonks were catching up, Fleur was sitting close to Bill, silently. "Fleur looks pissed," Orion whispered to the twins, the three of them sat on the floor leaning against the wall, Fred in the middle, his right arm slyly around Orion's waist. 

"When isn't she, when the attention isn't on her." Laughed George. 

Fred nodded in agreement, "She's such a bitch, no hate to Bill but what does he see in her?"

"Who knows, I just hope that after a while of being around you Weasley's she tones down her princess mode and comes back down off of her high horse," Orion said, leaning her chin on Fred's shoulder. 

"Comfortable there, Munchkin?" 

"Very," She said. "Today's been fun, don't you think?"The twins hummed in response, the fire was lit giving the room a cozy feel. "How's Lee?"

"He's alright, does shifts at the shop. He brushed out his dreadlocks though, now he has an afro," George replied. 

"No way! That cabbage!" Orion exclaimed. 

"Cabbage?" 

"Don't judge me for crying out loud, I have asked you that a thousand times Harry!" The girl cried at her cousin. "But I like braiding his dreads...wait is his hair fluffy?!"

"Yes?" Fred replied, questioningly. 

Orion cried out, punching the air. "He owes me five galleons!"

"Why?"

"Because, George, back in third year, I said to him if he was to ever brush his dreads out his hair would be fluffy. He said, no it wouldn't and he would never brush them out," Orion explained.

"Well, I'll make sure to tell him, and have him post over the money, Ry." 

"Thanks, Freddie." She grinned. 

The conversations in the room continued for a few hours until Ron cried out, "Twenty seconds!" 

The whole room stood up and watched the clock, all grouped together like a family should be. Only with a few people missing-James, Lily, and Percy. The ten-second countdown began.

Ten. . .

Nine. . .

Eight. . .

Seven. . .

Six. . .

Five. . .

Four. . .

Three. . .

Two. . .

One!

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley shared a kiss, so did Fleur and Bill. But what shocked the room was Orion and Fred sharing a kiss. The kiss that should have happened last year. The two were so lost in the bubble around them that they didn't notice everyone stopped cheering and stared wide eyed at their kiss. They broke apart and stared lovingly at each other, a smile etched across their faces. "I love you." Orion breathed out. 

"I love you too," Fred replied, his eyes not leaving her's showing that what he just said was the truth. At the sound of his goddaughter's words, Remus fell back having fainted. Sirius reached into his back pocket for his spatula, his eyes as wide as saucepans. Bill, Charlie, and George all smirked proudly at their brother. Ron's mouth was nearly touching the ground. Ginny was grinning widely. Fleur's face was confused. Hermione was smiling happily along with Tonks. Molly had tears in her eyes and her her hands cupped around her mouth, muffling her happy sobs and Arthur, well Arthur squeaked his rubber duck he always carried around, in joy. 

"Happy New Year Freddie." 

"Happy New year indeed, Love." 

A/n- Y'know it's only September 2nd, guys! New Year is three months away but who cares?

What do y'all think? 

What should happen?