Chapter 36: Ice

LIZZIE'S POINT OF VIEW:

We arrived at the hospital 10 minutes later. Felix jumped out of the car and ran to the hospital entrance with Anne in his arms. I ran after him and when we both arrived at the door we walked in together. We walked over to the receptionist's area and by the time we arrived at the desk the hospital doors swung open and the rest of the guys came running in. "NO RUNNING!" screamed a nurse with gray hair so they speed-walked. "Whats the problem?" asked the receptionist without looking up at us which irritated us all. "Why don't you take your eyes off that computer and see for yourself" Oscar snapped. She looked up at him but her face was turned from me so I couldn't see her. "Excuse me young man?" she asked. "You heard him" OG snapped. "I am an adult and you treat me with respect" she said. I don't have time for this. "Blah blah blah. I don't have time for this. Either you help us now or we will get you fired!" I snapped and she whipped her head to look at me. "Lizzie? she asked, shocked. "Aunt Carol? You work here?" I asked and she nodded her head yes. "Whatever. Now help us or I promise you I will get you fired. I don't care if your family or not" I snapped and she gulped and nodded. She looked at Anne and her eyes widened. She jumped out of her chair and ran to a doctor standing on the other side of the office. She pointed to is and he jogged over to us. He waved a nurse with a rolling bed over and when she arrived she took Anne from Felix's arms, much to his protest, and placed Anne on the bed. As she rolled her away we all ran after her but Aunt Carol stopped us. "You all must stay here" she said and Omar, Oscar and OG nodded but me and Felix wouldn't budge. Omar grabbed Felix's arms and Oscar grabbed my hands and pulled us into the waiting room while we kicked to get back to Anne. They plopped us down In two chairs in the waiting room then went to the cafeteria to get some food while OG stayed behind to make sure we didn't escape. They came back 4 minutes later with 5 bags of potato chip, 5 bags of cookies and 5 water bottles and we ate our food in silence.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Will you all come with me" My Aunt Carol called into the waiting room about 2 hours later. We all got to out feet and walked over to her. We walked to the elevator and once we were all in she pressed the button for the 5th floor. When we reached the 5th floor we stepped out if the elevator and followed her down the hall until we reached a door at the end of the hall. "She's in there" Aunt Carol said then walked back to the elevator. I gulped as Oscar reached for the door handle. 'What if Anne lays dead on the other side? I can't lose my best friend. Eh I'm being silly she's fine. She probably just woke up. Yeah that's it' I thought to myself as Oscar swung the door open and we stepped inside. When we entered the room there were two doctors, a woman with short brown hair and a man with short black hair, were talking over a sleeping Anne. Omar cleared his throat and the doctors stopped talking and looked at us. "I suppose your all friends of Anne" the woman said and we nodded. "We have some news" the man said. "Anne lost a lot of blood. She was bleeding internally in her head and she has a fractured skull" the man said. "I'm sorry to tell you kids that Anne didn't make it. She's gone" the woman said. "We will let you have a moment alone" the man said and he and the woman exited the room. Felix sank to the floor, placed his forehead on the floor, pulled his hair and screamed. "NO! SHE'S JUST SLEEPING THEY ARE LYING!" Oscar screamed angrily, thinking that he doctors were playing some sick joke. "SHE'S SLEEPING! She's sleeping! She's sleeping. She's..." he stopped when he realized the doctors were serious and Anne wasn't sleeping. Tears rolled down his cheeks and he didn't make a sound unlike Omar who was scream-crying in the corner. "ANNE!" I screamed then sobbed loudly. I fell to the ground, not being able to support my weight anymore and cried into my hands. I looked around to see OG standing there, frozen. He wasn't blinking and it looked looked like he wasn't breathing. "Lizzie!" someone screamed. It sounded like Oscar but he was still crying silently. "LIZZIE!!" someone else screamed and it sounded like Felix but he was still hunched over on the ground and pulling at his hair. "LIZZIE!!!" someone else screamed and it sounded like OG but he was still frozen. "LIZZIE!!! WAKE UP!!! " someone screamed a and it sounded like Omar but he was still sobbing loudly in the corner. Just then, I felt ice running down my back and I shot my eyes open to see that I was In the waiting room looking up at all the guys and Omar had a cup full of ice in his hands. "OMAR!" I exclaimed. "What happened?" I asked. "Well we were just sitting here and your fell asleep. Your were calling Anne's name in your sleep. You wouldn't wake up so Omar poured ice down your back" Oscar said. "C'mon they said we could see Anne now. She just woke up" Felix said excitedly. OG pulled me to my feet and we walked down to the elevator. It was a dream. Anne is alive. Anne is okay.