Chapter 44:The Masked Man

ANNE'S POINT OF VIEW:

As we strolled along the streets of Stockholm, I took in the beautiful scenery. Wow. The boys are so lucky to have grown up here, I thought to myself.

We turned to the corner and heard a scream. "HELP!" a woman screamed. "PLEASE!" she exclaimed as we all started running to the source of the screams, me far ahead of everyone else.

As I turned the last corner I saw a masked man holding a woman and trying to throw her into the back of a van. I grabbed hold of the woman's wrist and pushed her away from the man. The man tried to grab me but I ducked and kicked him in the stomach. This threw him off guard so I took that as my advantage to punch him square in the nose. I heard a sickening crack as blood started to ooze out of his nose. He cursed at me as he pulled out a gun and pointed it at me. I heard Oscar, OG, Omar, the woman and Felix all scream no. My eyes widened until an idea popped into my head. I grabbed hold of the man's head and smashed it onto the side of the car. He dropped the gun and became limp, falling to the floor.

I stepped over him just as Omar screamed "YEAH! GO ANNE!" We all froze, including Omar after he realized what he had said. I turned to the woman who was confused as to why we all froze. She shrugged it off and hugged me tightly. "THANK YOU SO MUCH! HOW CAN I EVER REPAY YOU?!" she exclaimed. I chuckled. "No problem. And you can repay me by calling the police and getting this man arrested" I said and she nodded, hurrying off to use a pay phone since her cell phone was broken when the guy grabbed her.

I but my lip nervously as I slowly turned to face a shocked, confused and mostly hurt Felix. "Look Felix-" he cut me off. "You didn't tell me?" he said to me. "Neither did you guys and it seems that you all knew!" he exclaimed, turning to look at the guys. "And who is this really I because I'm almost 100% sure her name isn't Flo!" he exclaimed looking at Lizzie. "That's Lizzie" Omar said in a small, petrified voice. "Can I have a moment alone with 'Jeanie'" Felix asked, putting air quotes around my fake name.

Everyone nodded and walked over to where the woman was standing, talking to a police officer who had just arrived.

Felix turned to me, all the anger his eyes had held a moment ago fled, replaced by hurt. "Why did you end it?" he asked. "End what?" I asked, confused. "The relationship. I thought you promised forever" he said.

Suddenly I became really angry. He thinks that it was my fault that the relationship ended! Me! "Yeah I did promise forever. But if I recall correctly so did you. But what ended up happening? I see you on the news with your arm draped over some random girl's waist and the news reporter stating that she's your new girlfriend! I don't know what you qualify as cheating on someone but to me, that's exactly it! So don't you dare blame the break up on me!" I screamed at him.

Realization dawned on him as his eyes widened. "Anne please let me explain that-" he started but I cut him off by holding a hand up. "Save it. I've heard enough lies. I'm done" I said, running towards the woman and police officer, Felix following close behind.

As I approached the officer and the woman, they smiled at me. "Thank you miss. It just so happens this woman is my little sister and I don't know what I would've done if she had been kidnapped" he said, shaking my hand. He looked to be about 30 years old, the woman looking to be about 25 years old. "No problem sir. I'm happy to help. The kidnapper is over there" I pointed to the masked man still laying unconscious on the floor. The police officer nodded and he and his partner went to get the man. The woman thanked me once again then walked away to join her brother and his partner. Me, Lizzie and the guys started our tour again, me staying as far away from Felix as possible.