Chapter 45: The Performance

ANNE'S POINT OF VIEW:

After walking for about 30 minutes more we received a call from Daff, Katia and Marcus telling us to come back so we could go over dance routines. We headed back to the studio.

We were told to meet Daff, Katia and Marcus in the dance room so that where we went. As we opened the door we saw them all standing there reading papers that Daff was holding. Oscar cleared his throat, alerting them of our presence. Their heads snapped up to look at us. "ah there you are" Marcus said. "Well we are gonna go do more work upstairs so see you guys later" said Daff. Wow they have a lot of work to do.

"Well we have a lot of work to do, so lets get started" said a man over in the corner that I suppose was our dance instructor. "Well first lets start with the group work. See on stage we want to make it look like a dance battle. So what we are going to do is split you all up into two groups. So boys you go over to the left and girls you go over to the right" he said.

Oscar pushed OG over to the right where me and Lizzie were standing. After pushing OG, Oscar stood with his hands folded behind his back like a kid that was pretending to be innocent after doing sometime bad. "Ey! I'm not a girl!" OG said, glaring at Oscar. "Are you sure about that bro?" Omar asked, trying to hide his laughter. "Shut up!" OG exclaimed. "Ha ha very funny. Now that's enough boys we have a lot of work to do" said the dance instructor as he turned his back to us to face the speakers.

Oscar nudged OG with his elbow. "Yeah OG. Be mature" he said causing Lizzie and I to laugh. OG just gave Oscar the death glare instead of saying anything. "Alright ladies first so girls, what song would you like to dance to?" asked Mr. dance instructor. "Latch by disclosure featuring Sam Smith" I said and he nodded, typing in the song to his phone as it started to play through the speakers

As the song started we started dancing to the beat in sync. By the time the chorus came around Lizzie and I were both moving quickly. We finished the song with a round-off split. As we got up the guys and Mr. dance instructor clapped for us. "Alright boys your turn. Now I'm sure I know what song you want" said the dance instructor as he turned to the speakers and played a song that I, nor Lizzie, had ever heard before. "This is their song King of the Radio by the way" said Mr. dance instructor. We nodded as the guys did their routine. As they finished we clapped for them earning smile from all of then except Felix who was still upset about earlier.

"Alright so now this is a group dance so this will be a little trickier. Since there are only two girls and there are four boys we will be doing a lot of switching dance partners. So each boy will have the chance to dance with a girl but you will take turns dancing individually and with a partner. So the boys will stand in a line and when it's their turn to dance with a girl they will come forward and dance then go back when they are dancing individualy. Anne you will start off dancing with Oscar while Lizzie dances with Omar and Felix and OG are dancing individually. Then Anne will switch over to Omar while Lizzie switches over to dance with OG while Felix and Oscar dance individually. Then Anne goes to OG and Lizzie goes to Felix. The dance ends with Felix dancing with Anne and Oscar dancing with Lizzie while OG and Omar dance individually. Got it? Good. Lets try it" said Mr. dance instructor.

He walked over to the speakers and played Maps by Maroon 5. Ooohh this is my jam! We did as the instructor told us to and danced with our partners but it didn't end up as a partner dance. More like us flipping and spinning. All in all, the dance was very quick.

"This next dance is a slow dance where we won't be switching partners so the two boys who don't dance with Jeanie and Flo (authors note: that's their stage names) will get off the stage while the two couples dance. That last song helped me see who dances the best together so Lizzie will be dancing with Oscar while Anne dances with... (authors note: drum roll please)...Felix." Said Mr. Dance instructor