Chapter 38: We Can Defend Ourselves

ANNE'S POINT OF VIEW:

Lizzie and I were walking home from school. "Do you think the guys are home yet?" she asked.

"Well since they left yesterday I suppose they would be home" I replied.

I heard a car horn and looked to my left to see a car speeding towards me. "Anne!" Lizzie said. I stood there with my eyes popping out of my head, like a confused dear, blinded by the oncoming headlights of the car.

The car stopped right in front of me. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding. I looked at the two guys as they got out of the car with smirks on their faces. I noticed they were wearing ski masks. That's not good considering it's really hot outside.

They sauntered towards us, those stupid smirks still plastered on their faces. All of a sudden they both lunged at Lizzie.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" I heard and I didn't know it came from my mouth until the two men turned to look at me.

"You heard me" I said as I crossed my arms. Some may think this was to look more sassy and intimidating but it really was to trick them into lunging at me so Lizzie could attack them from behind.

"Excuse me?" said one of the guys. They both laughed and their smirks became wider. These guys were really getting on my last nerve and others will agree, it is never good to get on my bad side.

They both lunged for me and I smiled. Just according to plan. I nodded my head at Lizzie who just smirked and nodded. I ducked as one of the tried to grab my waist.

Alright Anne think of those self defense classes your dad made you go to.

When facing an attacker your fists and feet are your best friends. Duck right then swing left to fake out the offender. Then duck left swing left. Kick to the right side twice.Kick to the left side three times. One more swing to the face then they are done.

I followed the strategy I taught myself in those classes and boom, the second masked-man fell the ground. I looked to my left to see Lizzie flipping the first masked-man to the ground. He landed to the ground with a thud and me and Lizzie looked at each other and smiled. We called the cops and they took it from there.

We continued on walking home like nothing happened, laughing and talking. Me and Lizzie can defend ourselves so no one should mess with us.

-------------

Authors Note:

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter was so short but the other chapters will be longer and better. Now I never took one self defense class so these strategies are probably not exactly what you should do when faced with an attacker because I just made it up lol.

Thank you for all the reads, votes and nice comments!!!!

-Kat