•~•CHAPTER 2•~•

The intricately designed, floral mask covered most of my face, only my lips and below were showing. You could also clearly see my sapphire eyes shining brightly in excitement.

I am so happy to be free from Conner, even if only for a short time. He was a controlling, possessive prick and that was definitely not going down with me. I'm my own person. He shouldn't be able to control my life, nor should anyone else.

But I was free of him for now. I was single, in my mind at least, and I was ready for some fun that Conner never allowed me.

My pink painted lips tugged up in a final smile before I left my room. I had to pick up the front of the dress a bit when I walked down the stairs.

The fit and flare baby pink dress with floral detailing hugged my torso perfectly, accentuating every curve beautifully. When I dropped the material at the base of the stairs, it pooled slightly around my feet giving me an heir of elegance. The mascaraed ball was in full swing. The open basement was decorated with ribbons, balloons, and flashing lights.

Most girls were dressed in floor length gowns like me except for a few girls in short ones. Most guys were in blazers, button ups, and dark slacks. Everything looked great but what would you expect for an Alpha's 40th formal-wear birthday party.

"Hello gorgeous," some guy said, coming up to stand beside me. His arm shoots out to rest on my hip and I'm filled with disgust.

"MINE," a deep, masculine voice booms. The guy's eyes widen and he instantly steps back, bowing his head slightly.

'Mate!!'

'Ya I got that. Could've warned me a little sooner!'

Another guy with a black and silver mask walks up to me. He's dressed up, obviously, and I can't help but admire how he looks. His hair is slightly messy, like he was running his fingers through it a lot. I can't help but want to do the same to him.

'Mmmm,' my wolf hums in agreement. 'The things we could do to this boy.'

'Horny ass wolf,'  I mutter back, averting my eyes from my supposed mate. She grins back at me and goes on to admiring our mate.

'I can't see his face!'

'But we can see his eyes and besides... I'm not taking my mask off so I don't expect him to either.'

"C'mon. Let's go talk away from the music," he smiles, reaching his hand out for me to take. I bite my lip as I internally debate going with him. And touching him? That would instantly strengthen the mate-bond and I don't know if I'm ready for that. I just got free!

His smile falters slightly when I don't move towards him. "Please?"

I finally nod reluctantly, his amber eyes drawing me in. Damn it.

He interlaces our fingers when I place my hand in his and I instantly feel the radiating sparks.

He gently tugs me back up the stairs to the ground floor and then out the back door.

He pulled me down with him onto the bench swing thing in the pack house's backyard. There were a few other couples littered around the backyard's pool, but no one out here seemed to be drunk. It was calm and peaceful out here. The moonlight shone off the water setting a romantic mood.

"Hello mate," he grins when my eyes finally find their way back to him. My face heats up in embarrassment for basically ignoring him but he seems pleased enough to have my attention now.

"Who are you?" He questions softly. I don't answer. His hand moves up and brushes a stray piece of my hair behind my ear. His hand lingers on my cheek and I once again love the sparks his touch is bringing me. My hand reaches up to cover his, not yet ready for the feeling to leave.

"You're gorgeous Angel. Absolute perfection." He smiles whole-heartedly at me and I'm blushing again. His eyes light up more when he catches sight of my heated face. Arghh! Damn him!

"You don't even know who I am. Why are you being so...perfect?" I question softly, finally removing his hand from my face and holding his hand in mine in my lap.

"I don't need to know who you are right now Princess. I think you are indescribably perfect either way." he pauses, "But I do really want to know who you are. Take off your mask." He drawls out 'really' for emphasis and I almost laughed, but then he basically ordered me to reveal myself to him and my guards instantly went back up.

"I don't think so mate. My mask stays on. And you don't order me around either. Don't even try." I frown up at him, my heart racing a smidge faster when his eyes darken.

"It wasn't exactly an order mate. But I could easily make it one and in my pack or not, you would be forced to submit," he says lowly, sounding as if a growl wanted to escape.

No, no, no, no!

My eyes full with panic as I literally hear Connor's voice over my mate's. I whimper subconsciously and my mate quickly realizing he's done something wrong.

He cups my face, angling me to look at him, "I'm so sorry Princess! Please don't hate me. I'm sorry. It was my Alpha wolf being obnoxious. I won't let him out again. I'm so sorry. Please don't push me away!"

My inner wolf purred at the prospect of our mate being an Alpha and she got over his actions within the next millisecond. Stupid wolf.

But it's stupid me too because she so easily persuaded me to follow her lead and give right back in to our mate.

I sighed inaudibly and moved myself to hug his waist. He stiffened slightly at my action, before hugging me back. His hands were really warm and comforting against my back that was exposed due to the super low back of the gown.

"It's okay if you don't want me to see you yet," he says regretfully, pulling away from me. "But I still want you to know who I am. I don't want to keep anything from you."

He slowly pulls the mask away from his face and his voice reaches my ears again. "I'm Mason Taylor, Alpha of Blood-lust Pack."

My eyes widen in panic at his words and at his face...his flawless face with a defined jaw and dark amber eyes, brought out by his dark hair. Oh my god.

No! Fuck no! Get back on track!!

The Blood-lust pack isn't the largest in the world, nor in the country. But they are the most ruthless. The most skilled.

Other packs have numbers... They have trained soldiers who fight mercilessly.

Their Alpha has made a name for himself. He is strong, ruthless, possessive, dominating, and... He is my mate.

I can't do possessive all over again! I can't be submissive again! I can't be someone's little bitch all over again! I was finally free. I can't take my sister to hell with me all over again!

Damn him! Damn him straight to hell! He deserves his own little pedestal right next to Satan!

Oh my gosh! He's my fucking mate!!!

How the hell am I supposed to get myself out of this shit!!?!??

He looks confused at my reaction to him. I mean seriously! Did he expect me to be overjoyed that he was the Alpha of an extremely murderous pack?

Of course I wasn't!! I pushed myself far away from him. I tried to scream, but my throat was too raw with fear for any noise to come out. My eyes bulged and my heart raced. I was involuntarily shaking in fear and panic rose in my body. No, no, no, no.

Please no! What did I do to deserve him? Am I that evil? Mates are supposed to be perfect for each other! That has to mean that I am evil too right? Oh my goodness! What now?!?

He leaned forward to touch me and I finally found my voice. I screamed at the top of my lungs causing him to flinch away and cover his ears that would be way sensitive to the octave I was using. While he was distracted I took off like a bat out of hell. I'm serious... I have never run so fast in my life!

I shakily turned the lock on my bedroom door when I had made it safely inside. I checked my window again, satisfied with the fact that it was indeed locked.

'Go back to mate!' My wolf whined relentlessly in my head. I paid no attention to her pleas, which only seemed to make her whine and whimper louder.

So much for a good time tonight.