•~•CHAPTER 13•~•

It's finally Friday!! 🎉 Happy Weekend! :)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Thanks again for taking me to the mall Babe," I laugh, still inwardly smirking at the fact that he agreed to my wishes after just minimal bribing. I knew we had to do something entertaining to move past the Conner bombshell and shopping is my favorite entertainment.

"Yeah well you still need to find a dress for when I present you to everyone." He pulls me into his side and kisses my temple, smiling widely at the mention of my acceptance into his pack. We decided to postpone it until the last two weeks of impending hell have passed. We don't want the pack to have to be involved in the mess created. To try and...solve the issue, Mason is taking me to the Caribbean come tomorrow. If all goes well, Carly should be out of our hair by the end of the week.

"We've been here for 2 hours and you have only bought shoes... that may not even match the dress," my mate complains dramatically, pulling my mind back to him.

"Sorry? I mean really we just need to find a blue dress."

"A royal blue dress," he adds to mock my words from when I found the strappy pumps. He winks at me playfully and I giggle, hugging his waist as we continue to walk the mall.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, he sighs and sends me a grin. "Let's go to the food court. I'm hungry."

"As usual," I tease.

He nods in agreement and kisses my forehead. "I'll go find a table, you go get yourself food." I tell him and he agrees again, leaving to a burger fast food chain while I look around the busy food court.

"Hey gorgeous."

I jump slightly at hearing an unfamiliar voice. I turned to make eye contact with a teenage boy who looked to be about my age. "Hi?"

"What's up?" he asks flirtily.

"You should know I have a boyfriend."

"Wow, we've already reached a title?" The human grins cheekily at me.

"Are you flirting with me?" I smile at the oblivious boy. My mate is everything to me. His flirting will get him no where, but it was cute to watch him try.

"Now where did you get that idea?"

"Okay, okay. I'm serious about the boyfriend. He's not very good with sharing." I look at him seriously and he just shrugs.

"Okay so I won't flirt. But I can talk to you right?"

"I don't thi-"

"Sage," Mason growls. I tip my head back and look up to see him hovering over me, glaring at the human.

"Hey baby," I smile up at him to ease his jealousy, his glare turns to me and my smile falters.

"We are going. Now," he pulls me up by my waist and turns me around, forcing me to walk away. Mason glares at the human one last time and then we are out the door. He didn't have food with him so I guessed that he saw the boy talking to me and forgot about his hunger.

He opens my car door and sits me in the seat. After slamming my door, he walks around the car and gets in.

He races out of the parking lot and then down the freeway. The speedometer is just under 100mph and climbing.

"Mason stop! Slow down!" he ignores me and we reach 110mph. "Slow down now!" my heart shatters slowly at his neglecting of me. He was rough with me. He was overly jealous. Like him.

My eyes burn with unshed tears and I look away towards the window. Everything outside turns into a blur and I can't help the rogue tears that escape down my cheeks. 

"'How could you disrespect me like that?" Mason growls quietly. I choke back a sob and lean my cheek against the cool glass window. "Answer me Sage," he growls again.

"You flirted with an unmated male right in front of me! I am your mate! I am your Alpha! How dare you?" He yells, the sound louder than ever because of the confined space in the car.

"Don't yell at me," I whisper.

"Don't tell me what to do! I deserve answers!"

"And I deserve to be treated correctly, yet here you are screaming at me and forcing me to do as you please. Handling me like a rabid dog instead of your mate." My words are quiet as I attempt to hold back my excessive tears.

"You practically just cheated on me and you are complaining?"

"I never cheated! He flirted and I told him I had a boyfriend! He dropped it after that! He is a mere human! He didn't know how much I love you!" I finally yell back, defending my actions.

He growls at me but after that we both stay silent. When we finally pull up to the giant pack house, I jump out of the truck before Mason even cuts the ignition. I slam the door behind me and stomp into the house.

**Mason's POV**

"Are you going to hit me too?" she asks coldly when I follow her into my room.

I growl at the thought. "Why would you think that?" My chest rumbles with barely restrained growls.

"Cause your acting like Conner. I did nothing to make you not trust me yet somehow I cheated. Those are his words. Now I'm waiting for his punishment."  I growl, my wolf taking over at the mention of the bastard who dared to hurt her, and leave the room before my wolf has full control.

I went to my office and growled out my anger, throwing my desk chair against the wall and watching it break to pieces. Now she's mad at me. Fantastic.

"Mason what are you doing?" Drew yells as he runs into my office.

I growl lowly and walk over to my alcohol stash, pouring a glass of bourbon.

"Mason why are you drinking? Your mate is upstairs. She'll give you more relief than some shit alcohol."

"She's mad at me."

He sighs and closes my office door, walking over to sit beside me on my couch.

"Why?"

"Because I'm a territorial asshole."

"Explain," he says.

"We were at the mall and some human was hitting on her and I got over the top jealous." I sigh and lower my voice, "She called me Conner."

My best friend knew about that prick within an hour after she told me. I knew he'd help in calming me down enough to help me think straight so that I didn't immediately go wipe out Sykes' pack. It's not even just about Conner at this point. That whole damn pack stood by and watched my Luna being tortured. They should all go to hell immediately and if it weren't for Drew's Beta conscious, they would.

"Damn. What did you say?"

"I left."

"So you got jealous, yelled at her, and then left her to cry alone in your room?"

I sigh and nod, disappointed in myself. He made me sound like even more of an ass than I thought I was. 

"Word of advice, man? If she only wants you, don't worry about who wants her. You're her mate and if she only has eyes for you then they don't stand a chance," he claps me on the back and then walks off to find his own mate. Lucky bastard.