•~• CHAPTER 33•~•

Happy Friday. So sorry again about last week! Hopefully you all enjoy gore...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I knew this was a stupid idea! I knew it...Mason knew it...Hell, anyone with a half-ass working brain would've known it!

And yet what do I do?

I run across the border!

I leave two of my own pack members temporarily paralyzed, use a command on three more, and run back to Conner. That's what I did. I gave myself back to him.

I'm sure he's been told by now. He's probably on his way back. He could even be home right now.

And my sister? God, she's probably scared to death right now.

She's why I'm doing this... why I'm risking my life and my mates trust and probably the respect of my pack.

I can smell the pack. I'm so close to the house and all their scents are infiltrating my senses.

The panic starts...my stomach tightening and my muscles tensing. My throat feels tighter and my vision is becoming less clear.

'We have to save her Sage. I know you're scared...but we have to save her. He can't hurt us Sage..we're stronger now. We can do this.' Seraphina is always my voice of reason, always my motivating force. I am a coward without her. She is right. Of course she is. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to my baby sister and I just stood back and watched. I'd rather die trying than leave Faith to face this alone.

When I break through the forest into the open land that surround the house, they're standing there. They were expecting me. I walked right into the trap.

Conner walks forward first, leaving the line of tormentors. Of course he's here. His presence just made this so much more difficult.

He starts pacing, his eyes looking as wild as I feel inside.

"I leave...I leave so that you can become Alpha Female. I go off to train for us! And this? This is how you repay me!" The vein in his neck is bulging...the way it always does before he releases his aggression in a bone breaking punch.

Even in knowing this, I still can't help the yelp of shock that echoes out when he lands one on my baby sister. If it weren't for the tight grip they have on her, she would've crumbled. That amount of blood doesn't come from a nose that isn't broken.

I start up my own pacing, trying to come up with some strategy to meet them. They're all Conner's friends and since He only cares about power, that means they are all the highest ranking leaders and officials and warriors.

With all the training from Mason and the strength I get from our bond, I have no doubt I can take down at least three of them...but what about the other eight? Maybe if I could get the ones holding Faith than she could help me... but how many can she take down? She has training, but she's an unmated juvenile female. And on top of that, she is injured. I can see her limp from here.

I need to talk. I need to talk to them but I'm not part of this pack anymore. They can't hear me.

"You're mine!" He screams, his bloodshot eyes turning on me. He reeks of alcohol. I can smell it's poison from across this field.

My bones shift as I fall back into my skin form. Having Conner see me is beyond uncomfortable but I have to save Faith at all costs.