•~•CHAPTER 40•~•

Sorry guys about missing last week's update... I have good reason this time though!

...well I have okay reason....

This is the final chapter. The end. The sum up of this book....etc etc

Anyway...I wasn't quite satisfied yet when Friday rolled around and I really wanted to make sure I fit everything in that I wanted to so I decided to postpone the update for a week. I know some of it may still seem sudden but that was kind of the point... based upon your reactions some things may get altered or added...so please please tell me if you feel I didn't sum up something I promised to refer back to. Give me any feedback. All your feedback! Good, bad, brutal, hopes... everything. I want everyone's opinions.

Anyway, I just want to thank you all for sticking with me through my failed updating schedule, my gradually shortened chapters, and my filler tangents. I hope you all enjoyed these love stories and I hope you'll continue to read my works if I decide to post more.

Thank you all for the support ❤️

Enjoy the longest chapter of the book! :) Oh! And I just wanna say that I'm sorry ahead of time....

Listen to the song while you read if you wanna cry with me! 😅

•~•~•~•
PS...there's going to be multiple point of view changes and each one will be a time lapse so just beware
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

**Sage's POV**

My eyes are glued to the sonogram monitor but none of my senses are taking in any new information beyond what the monitor gives out... not since the pack doctor shattered was was left of my heart.

I can see her heartbeat thumping strongly, the force creating sound waves up on the otherwise clear, detailed screen. I can see her small face pressing into my uterine wall but I don't feel any of its pressure. I can see her knees tucked up near her chest...

I can see her hand...reaching out, grasped onto the arm of her brother...her dead brother.

He's smaller than her now and underdeveloped. She's had longer to grow. She's been taking his share of my nutrients, forming at the speed a normal alpha pup would while he is just...frozen... suspended in time. Unable to grow or mature beyond his fetal form.

The doctor says he took all the force from the hits. He was shifted to the front of my uterus and he took every hit. He felt the full force of the trauma while his twin sat protected by his shield, unknowing to the decay of her protector.

My son is dead.

The voices around me are muffled by my own will but I slowly let myself tune back in as I hear the voices growing.

"How did you not even know it was twins!" My mate screams for what must be the twentieth time. His face is bright red, all his veins bulging in anger. The doctor cowers under his glare, his spine bending in complete submission to a higher, angrier power.

"Mason he already told you! They only checked for a heartbeat last time! This isn't his fault and it doesn't matter anyway! Knowing wouldn't have saved your son!" Faith's voice screams hysterically, the shrillness of it commanding my attention. My eyes find her and my wolf subconsciously looks her up and down thoroughly to check for injuries that might be causing the pain in her voice.