•~•CHAPTER 12•~•

"Fight back!"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Cause I don't know how!" I admit, sighing afterwards and looking down. "I don't know how to fight."

My mate's sister, Becca, drops her stance and looks towards Mason. He wanted me to be trained in case Carly came after me again. Especially after how close we got last night, he wanted me to be able to protect myself. He was more protective after I said I loved him and let him mark me. We were waiting for Carly's attack over the gorgeous mark on my neck.

"You're excused Becca." Becca rolls her eyes at his rudeness and walks off, leaving me with a small smile.

"What do you mean you don't know how to fight?"

~~~

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?"

"What do you mean Conner? I'm watching Faith train."

"Why do you have to watch her train? So you can learn yourself?" he growls, getting in my face.

"Of course not. You asked me not to. I just don't want her to be picked on for being the Alpha Female's sister." I tried using my connection to him to make him calm down but it didn't seem to help.

He actually just seemed to ignore that part of my excuse. "Don't fucking lie to me, bitch!" I was on the ground in the next instant, my cheek flaring up in a stinging pain. He pulled me back up by my ponytail and slammed my face onto his knee. I felt a crunch under my left eye and my vision blurred. I tried to stay awake, my wild vision not helping that cause. I lost the battle and woke up 12 hours later in the hospital with a black eye, fractured cheekbone and dislocated jaw.

~~~

Since then, I stayed far from the training grounds. I knew he didn't want me training. If I trained, I would be able to protect myself from him. He preferred me to be defenseless against his anger. He is a coward.

"I was never taught," I answer simply, shivering at the horrible memory.

He looks at me skeptically. "You fought two girls in one day just 2 weeks ago."

"My wolf fought them." He nods and walks back up to me, grabbing my hips and pulling them against his own.

"Did I tell you how sexy you looked in those spandex?" he growls appreciatively.

"You mean other than the 7 times in the bedroom and multiple comments made while we walked down the stairs? No you haven't," I smirk at him and shift my hands into the hair at the back of his head.

"Well its not my fault you're irresistible," he huffs in mock anger before dipping his head to connect our lips.

I kiss him back, just as hard. I went on my tippy-toes to be closer to him.

"You're awfully touchy today," I note.

"I'm telling you! It's these shorts!"

"Maybe I should take them off?"

"Please? It'd be so much easier to control my wolf."

I smirk and hook my thumbs in the waistband, starting to slowly pull them down.

"Sage! That's not what I meant!"

I laugh and put my hands to his bare chest instead, admiring how toned his chest and stomach are.

"Lets go upstairs then and we can go with my idea."

"Sage," he whines.

"Yes baby?"

"You are making taking this slow really hard."

"We don't have time to take it slow!" I pushed away from him, back to being outraged.

"Don't be mad."

"I am mad! How dare she dictate our life?"

"Exactly. You don't really want this."

"But I want you and I will do anything for that!"

"I can't just fuck you and knock you up! I wouldn't do that to my mate. Ever! I cherish you; I won't treat you like trash or like a trophy wife."

"For the record... this is how I know you would treat me right. This is why I trust you to take me upstairs right now."

"Why are you pushing this so hard?"

"Because I want this! Is that so hard to believe? Maybe I didn't plan to have all of this happen so soon but I also didn't plan to meet you. I thought I'd be stuck with Conner for good-"

"What?" His eyes darkened and he closed the distance between us again.

"Conner? Sykes?"

"Yes," I squeak.

"You were with him."

"He was my boyfriend. Technically he still is..."

"You're mine!"

"I'm yours."

He wraps me up in his arms and inhales my scent. When he looks back into my eyes moments later, his eyes are back to their normal color.

"Why did you say stuck?"

I freeze in his arms and murmur a 'nothing.'

"Sage."

"Mason," I purr, attempting to distract him from the topic.

"Answer me please. Preferably before I lose all control." I gulp audibly.

"Mason really. It's nothing. He didn't do it all the time-"

"Do what?" His eyes burn with intensity. "Did he touch you?"

"No, no. I'm a complete virgin."

"Then what? He couldn't of possible hit someone as precious as yourself."

I remain quiet.

"No."

I cast my eyes down in shame.

"You weren't abused," he states confidently. I don't comment.

"Sage please tell me you weren't abused," he practically begs, bending his knees to be eye level with me.

"You want the truth?" I whisper. He steps away from me and his hands start to shake. His whole body is shaking. His eyes are a soulless black.

I take a small step towards him.

"Don't Sage. I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me Mason. You aren't him." I close the gap he created and hug his waist tightly. "Stay with me Mason. Please. I love you."

I can't believe I told him about Conner. I trust him with my future life, and now I trust him with my past.