•~•CHAPTER 29•~•

Morning update... dang look at me being all prepared this week lol
Hope you all enjoy:)
Let me know what or who you want to see more of!!!!!

**Sage's POV**

The scalding water from the shower pounds against my skin, but I feel practically numb to it.

I'm pregnant. Pregnant.

I never thought this through. I never went over these consequences before just jumping into the whole pregnancy ordeal.

It's too late now though. There's a life growing inside of me and I don't even want it.

Aren't I supposed to have some sort of an epiphany or something? Some intense mama bear reaction? A desire to protect? Excitement for this future?

Nothing. I feel nothing except fear and heartbreak.

I didn't want this. I didn't want to be pregnant at 17. I'm 17! I'm supposed to be in high school. I'm supposed to enjoy my teens and twenties. I'm supposed to love my own life before ever bringing another being into it. I was supposed to have more. I was supposed to be more.

The pack couldn't be more excited. Mason announced it just a few hours ago and the pack pretty much cried out of joy.

I know what I'm supposed to do now. I know what's required of me. I need to be a mother. A mother to the pack and a mother to all the alpha heirs of this pack. That's my duty as Luna. That's my only requirement besides being the calm to my Alphas storm.

A mate and a mother.

That's all they ask of me. So why does it feel so impossible. Why does it make me feel so empty?

I don't want this.

**Mason's POV**

She's been in the shower practically since my announcement. I don't know why. I don't know what I did wrong.

She's just been distant since waking up hours ago. She's so closed off, not even letting me into her thoughts.

I don't know what to do for her. God knows I'd do anything but I just don't know-

The shower finally shuts out and I hold my breath, praying for my mate to walk out-not this ghost of her.

It takes a few moments, but slowly she enters our bedroom in just a towel. Even when she's like this... even though I just spent a week alone with her..the sight still makes me lose my composure. It's not hard to regain though when I meet her eyes. She just looks so sad.

"Sage, come here baby," I call to her. She look apprehensive but quickly pads over to me.

I pull her gently onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her and interlacing our fingers. The towel quickly starts making my jeans damp and her fingers are pruned instead of their usual softness, but that's not what's important. "What's wrong?"

She looks away from my, using her free hand to pick at the edge of the towel where it's fraying slightly despite being new.

"Sage, I love you and don't want to make you more sad but you are going to tell me." She huffs slightly, giving me a small glare. I have to fight off my smile...that's my girl.

"I'm barely seventeen, Mason," she sighs finally.

"Yes? I'm seventeen."

"Almost eighteen!" She interrupts sassily.

"I've been an Alpha since I was fourteen though," I laugh when her face falls at my counter.

She sighs heavily, looking up into my eyes, "And you're ready to also be a dad?"