•~•CHAPTER 11•~•

The weekend and next week flew by. The days consisted of constant trips to Mason's territory where we hung out with all him friends or sat in his office while he began teaching me my future duties as Luna or attacked each other with physical affection at every turn. When I wasn't seeing him at his house or at school, he was showing up in my room- a goofy smile on his face and a heavy drive to snuggle and kiss me.

Despite my fear that one of my pack members would find out about his visits and report my "adultery" to Conner, I pined for my mate's affections. Mason's "surprise" visits shot butterflies through my stomach every time, without fail. I couldn't possibly tire of him. He makes me love life again- like I wake up actually excited. I don't have to live in fear with him as my other half. I love him. I love Mason. I didn't think I'd be able to trust, let alone be completely in love with another man after Conner. I thought he had for sure ruined me beyond repair. But Mason has shown me love. True, real love. He hasn't said it yet, and neither have I, but I can practically feel it- in the way he looks at me, touches me, protects me. God... I love him.

Speaking of my mate, I left school over 4 hours ago and haven't seen him since. I'm slowly becoming mildly concerned since we usually don't go 20 minutes without at least mind-linking. Maybe he's in a meeting?

To keep my mind occupied, I pull out my homework and lay it all out on my bed in neat piles. I sit cross legged on my bed and hold a pen between my teeth as I rearrange the stacks into 5 different orders before changing my bodily positions for the 3rd time. I groan loudly as I come to the conclusion that I can't take my mind off Mason. My curiosity will one day be the death of me.

Knowing I won't get any work done, I push my books and papers to the end of the bed and scoot to the top. I find an old rerun of a comedy tv series and put all my focus on the idiotic main characters.

To my luck, time flies by without me checking the clock every half a second and in no time it is past 10 in the evening. Considering it's a Friday night, I don't really care about sleeping but as I realize the time, my mind frantically shoots back to Mason. Our link is closed as it has been most the day, obviously his aim is to kill me inside since I'm already completely mad over him.

As I begin to panic internally, my window slides open and Mason pops his head into my room.

His grin is already on his lips, almost bringing a smile to mine but I fight it.

"Why is the link closed Mason? And where have you been? I was worried!" He smiles wider as the words leave my lips.

"Aww baby, you missed me?" Of course I missed you dumbass. I love you too much not to.

I groan and fall back on the bed to avoid looking at his cocky face. To my hidden pleasure, he climbs over me, sheltering my body with his. He nuzzles his nose in my neck and peppers kisses over my neck and collarbone.

"I missed you Sage. I'm sorry I cut you off. I had to head a meeting regarding some of my neighboring packs and my dad was there to evaluate me so I couldn't have distractions."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I pout, reaching up to wind my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry Princess, I guess it just slipped my mind. Forgive me?" He trails kisses up my neck and cheek to the corners of my lips, instantly causing them to break out in a smile. He smiles back down at me in return, making my heart swell.

I lean up to connect our lips, moving my own slowly against his and enjoying the way his body weight feels pushing against me.

"I'll take that as a yes," he breaths after pulling away from my kiss. After hovering for a second, he reconnects our lips, urging me to kiss him faster, harder.