•~•CHAPTER 27•~•

**Mason's POV**

Once my little fighter finally gives into her exhaustion, I mind-link Karol to leave Carly and come to my mate. She listens to me despite the fact that Carly is barely holding on and Sage will be fine after getting a couple stitches on her stomach.

Faith growls lowly as the doctor gets closer but she hushes after I give her a growl back. Nevertheless, I stare at Karol the entire time she is within my mate's radius.

After Faith lifts her head- reluctantly, I might add- Karol pushes a syringe into my mate's neck. She steps away and heads back to Carly as Sage's body curls into itself in response to the drug before forcefully being shifted back into her human form. I stand over her to shield her from all the eyes of the pack, giving all of them growls until no one but Faith is even close to being capable of looking at my mate. Once satisfied with their obedience, I shift back as well and pick Sage up bridal style. Even in her unconscious state, she curls into my chest as I walk.

Faith keeps her eyes everywhere but on me, but follows close behind me into the pack infirmary. Once I put my mate under the sheets of one of the hospital beds, I pull on shorts from the stack of clothes by the door. A lot of us come here straight from our fighting forms so we make sure there's always extra clothes to put on. I grab a large shirt, walking it over to Faith. She nods in thanks before taking it and trotting over to change behind one of the curtains that can separate the line of beds. When she comes back, she walks back to the pile and finds a pair of soft shorts that are actually female size. Once she's fully dressed, she grabs one of the hospital gowns from the stack at the front desk and starts dressing Sage.

"How many times have you done that for her?" I ask quietly. Faith jumps like she wasn't expecting me to speak and break the silence.

"Dressed her?"

"No... cleaned her wounds and protected her," I clarify, staring at the healing cuts on my mate's beautiful face.

"Mason..." she sighs, brushing hair away from Sage's face. "Its just...its a lot, okay?"

Growls rumble in my chest beyond my control and I try to keep my eyes on Sage to keep from taking my anger out on Faith.

"A lot like 10 times or too many to count?" I manage out through clenched teeth. My jaw hurts from the amount of pressure I'm putting on it.

"You don't want me to answer that," she responds after a moment, her voice quiet. The table closest to me gets thrown across the room within seconds, the wood smashing and flying off in different directions. I hardly notice how high Faith jumps.

I grab the hospital bed footer, my knuckles turning white from my grip. When my darkened eyes look up to meet Faith's, I finally notice how much she's shaking. Her eyes are squeezed tightly shut and she's putting a lot of effort into her breathing, trying to keep it controlled. I'm impressed, however, because her hand still hasn't let go of Sage's.

"Are you afraid of me Faith?" I ask as softly as I can in my livid state. The question is stupid considering her body language and the distinct scent of anxiety coming off her.

"Not enough to leave Sage," she breathes, her eyes opening slowly. They look like they're filled with moisture and it forces me to remind myself to keep my calm around these two abused girls. I never want either of them to view me as someone as disgusting as their old pathetic excuse of a future alpha.

"I'm sorry, Faith," I say sincerely despite how foreign the words feel in my mouth when aimed at anyone other than Sage.

'Come to the infirmary.'

Faith looks away, obviously uncomfortable after my apology.

Carver opens the doors a second later, shooting me a confused look.