•~• CHAPTER 37•~•

**Mason's POV**

My whole pack crashes, beginning the fight that was inevitable from the moment he took her.

A few men from the toxic pack switch sides at the last moment and attack their own pack members. Others run into the house. Their numbers diminish by at least a third.

I don't dwell on it long. I know my pack is prepared. The first attack against me specifically consists of 3 males in wolf form charging at me from three angles. I sigh at their stupidity. When wolves hunt in packs they don't all charge. That causes...

At the last second I jump as high as my body will allow, landing back down on top of the wolves that all just...yes, butted heads. Idiotic untrained wolves are so annoying to deal with.

I jump off of them and run to help one of my pack members who had a wolf in his jaws and another on his back. I tackled the one on top of him and slashed my elongated claws across his jugular before he could process that back up had come. A wolf tackles me from behind and I shift under him, attacking his throat just as he gains his composure from my body growing beneath him.

These wolves are clearly untrained and naive if they really believe they could take me on. Especially on their own. Idiots.

A beefy wolf charges at me and has the scent of my mate's blood covering his fur. Great. Now he's got me even more pissed off.

Territorial Alpha mate, plus her scent on another male... Bad combination. Add in the fact that the metallic scent of her blood is highly evident...let's just say that this douche won't be living to tell his story of his encounter with the big bad wolf.

The wolf gets to me and my jaws catch his throat as I toss him to the ground. I use my body weight to sit on him as I slowly snap his arm out of its socket. He clearly caused my little mate pain and he therefore shall suffer too. How dare anyone hurt her?

How could anyone hurt her? She's so innocent. What the hell did they get out of this?

I was suddenly overly curious and the torture I had planned in my head flew out the window. He didn't deserve to live another minute, whether it was in pain or not. I chomped into his neck then, and he bled out instantly. I shifted back and put on shorts that were near the tree line. I had seen them when I first showed up. This pack wasn't very good at anything, not even hiding spare clothes.

I jogged towards the house, leaving my pack to end the fight. They were quite capable.

I knew 10-15 of who I brought along had gone into the house right when the fight started and we're finding non-fighters for me. Even so the 50 or so I had left to fight would easily hold their own against the weak and untrained pack members.

Just when I thought I was in the clear to find my Princess, the main asshole that started all of this stepped in my way, blocking my path.

"Conner," I growl, my vision goes red for a second out of anger but I push it back knowing that I needed to be focused for this.

"Trying to find Sage? It's so heroic of you coming here really. But the men I sent her away with will keep her from your pack mates. They are my best fighters you see," he laughs at the word heroic and then acts as if his pack is above mine. His pack is a piece of shit though and I know it so I'm unfazed by his over-confidence.

When he gets no rise out of me his calm facade wavers and he glares for a second before replacing his frown with a smirk. "It doesn't matter though really. Even if you get her back she won't recover. Injuries are far too severe. Poor girl," he pouts sarcastically.

"My mate will be fine." I assure him. Or maybe myself. Probably both.

"What the fuck do you get out of all of this anyway?" I spat.

"She was mine first!"

"You may have been her boyfriend but she is my mate." I glare at him again for claiming that she was his.

"If you would have just stayed away for a few more months we could all be perfectly happy but you had to come in here and ruin everything. She paid the ultimate price for being with you. Her life."

I growled to silence him and then grabbed him by his shirt bringing his face close to mine. "She will be fucking fine. She's stronger than you think. You are pathetic for thinking you could have so much power over her. You will rot in hell for thinking that way. For hurting her so much."

He kicks me in the shin like a fucking 5th grader and stumbles back when I forcefully drop him back to his feet. I allow my hands to shift into paws. My nails to claws.

I step up to him and slash my claws down his face forming 4 jagged lines from his forehead to his chin across his left eye. He screams in pain as blood flows freely from the wounds.

"She won't be the same. Even if she survives. She will close herself off and then be a shit Luna. She is ruined now!" I uppercut his jaw and add a follow up hit to his left temple. He looks like he's going to pass out now. Whether from blood loss or a concussion I don't know or care. He'll be dead soon anyway.

"She will survive this. She will heal with my help. She will be stronger now. Without you. After you. It's finally time for her happily ever after now that you- her shitface ex- is gone from her life. Gone from life. I hope you realize how much of a fuck up you are in hell." With that I reach my hand into his chest and past his rib cage.

His pumping heart is grasped in my hand and I pull my hand out harshly. He falls limply to the floor with shock written over his face. Fear is still in his dead eyes. The heart in my hand proves that he wasn't literally heartless but he was definitely close.

I closed his eyelids and dropped his organ onto his body in disgust.

Finally, my Sage will no longer have his shadow hanging over her.