•~•CHAPTER 26•~•

The chapter is on the shorter side but I thought the fight deserved it own chapter so here ya go. Sort of graphic-ish. I don't know haha. Maybe you guys can tell me if it actually is ^ . ^

Anyway, enjoy!! :)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

**Sage's POV**

I can feel the heat of adrenaline pumping through my veins, my body buzzing with the power Seraphina is coursing through me. Her feelings of betrayal and anger race through me with a frenzy. The recent mating that has made her all the more possessive only adds to her intense reaction.

I shake out my fur before refocusing on Carly. My claws sink into the dirt, grounding me so I don't do something stupid like charge first just because of how pissed off I am.

My muscles tense with the exertion of staying steady. I try not to show her how much she's effecting me but she seems to be catching on and only pushes me further by looking my mate up and down again and then licking her chops.

I take a forceful step towards her, the power of my step sending vibrations through the ground. That, combined with the growl I release causes her confidence to quickly dim as she shakes in place. She inhales a deep breath as of trying to recompose herself.

I watch as the muscles in her hind legs twitch and then she lunges quickly as if she thinks she could catch me off guard.

I easily slide to the side so she lands in a heap where I was previously standing. She stands quickly, looking humiliated by my easy maneuver away from her.

When the strawberry wolf charges at me again, I easily lock my jaws around the back of her neck and then use her momentum to throw her to the ground a few feet away. She stands up quickly, shaking herself as if she's trying to shake off the pain I know I just caused. When she looks at me again, there's even more anger in her eyes, blazing like fire that matches her stupid bright hair.

I growl out to her, daring her to come at me again. I'm not surprised when she does- its in her nature to try and take more than she can.

"Sage!" Mason tries again, coming towards me only for my wolf to snap at his ankles in warning to stay away. This is my fight.

Like the coward she is, Carly takes my moment of distraction to ram into my side. When I land on the ground, she quickly lunges for the soft skin of my belly. She manages to sink two of her claws in before I rap her off me by her shoulder. I stand with her shoulder still in my mouth and take a moment to shake her as hard as I can before throwing her away from me again. She yelps as she lands on the shoulder I just tore into, a sickening crack being heard at the same time.  When she tries to stand again, she puts absolutely no weight on her front left paw. Its easy to tell why when you look at her shoulder- you can see down to the bone and her tendon is obviously severed. That leg is immobile. One down, three to go.

I know I'm a wreck too though. Without rest and attention, my intestines will start to spill from the wounds she inflicted. I can feel the blood dripping as I walk to her weakened body. It coats the ground I pass over but I'm too pissed off to care.

She swipes at my face when I get close enough, the fight clearly not knocked out of her yet. She narrowly misses my eye, by her claws dig into my cheek, blood soon dripping into my mouth. The taste only drives Seraphina further off the edge for her sanity. In seconds, I pounce onto the smaller wolf and start ripping into her body. Her cries are drowned out by the animalistic nature of Seraphina's applause for my actions. Its only when the true pain of her yelps and whines break through to me that I stop mutilating her flesh and give in to my merciful side. My jaws lock around her throat but she has absolutely no fight- no energy- to counter my threat. I'll give her five seconds to submit, after that I won't be able to hold my beast back.