•~•CHAPTER 4•~•

**Mason's POV**

After my Seraphina was out of sight, I turned and ran back to the pack house. My plan was to make myself look presentable, and then go over to Alpha Sykes' pack house and search for my mate. I need to see her. It's killing me!

'Mason! No! You promised to let me do it on my own terms! You lied!' Seraphina's hurt voice filtered into my head and I stutter stepped from the shock of hearing her again. Damn it, I really need to close that link.

'But then we'd be cut off from her!' My wolf whines.

'Okay. I'm sorry baby. I won't come till you're ready,' I answered my mate regretfully.

'Thank you Mason,' she said, happiness leaking into her tone. My inner wolf purred at the way my name sounded in her sweet voice.

I slowed my pace since I had nothing to look forward to now, but eventually made my way to my room. I shifted to human form and immediately went to shower.

'Mmm. Don't tempt me,' I heard Seraphina purr teasingly. I groaned and had to change the shower temperature to cold.

'Really Seraphina?' She giggled back but left me alone for the rest of my ice cold shower. I couldn't really be mad. I loved her teasing and playful attitude. It seemed completely out of character for her considering her distrust. I could only blame it on the mate bond working its magic. It'd make her trust me and give in no matter what she wanted.

After I got out, I changed into jeans and a random t-shirt and went downstairs to eat lunch. It was almost 2 pm, but oh well. I was with my mate so I don't care that I'm eating late... Weird.

"Mason! There you are! What the hell happened out there? You blocked me from your mind," my Beta, Drew, asked when he walked into the kitchen. I swallowed the food in my mouth and grinned at him.

"That was my mate. We met last night and she gave me a surprise visit," I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat but I really didn't care. Drew pouted like a 4 year old at my words.

"Mason! I am your best friend! How could you not tell me?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm sorry Drew. I also forgot to tell you that I got my hair done this morning and am having a pillow fight tonight."

"We're having a pillow fight?!" His eyes light up.

I just face palmed at how childish my best friend was.

"I'd beat you, ya know?" Cocky son of a bitch.

"Okay, Beta. Whatever you say." I put emphasis on his title which in turn made him growl playfully at me. I smirked at him and went back to eating. As I was putting my plate in the sink to be washed, the kitchen started filling up with people coming home from school.

I took that as my cue to leave and head off to the family room to play video games with my friends. Don't judge us, we are still high schoolers even if 3 of the 4 of us are leaders of a well known pack.

'See! Even you know that you've made a name for yourselves.'

'Seraphina! How are you still listening in to my thoughts?'

'Cause your link is open. And I'm bored as hell!'

'Then come back over.'

'Haha. Very funny. Unless you want an oversized husky in your family room, then don't even mention it,' she huffed adorably. I laughed because her description of her wolf's appearance was spot on. She was adorable.