•~•CHAPTER 3•~•

Yay! It's Friday!!
Enjoy the weekly update! Comment what you think so far :)
Picture is Sage's wolf!!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

When Mason hadn't shown up within the next twenty minutes, I had decided that he was leaving me alone...for now at least. I stripped of the dress, my mask, and my undergarments and then walked into my en-suite bathroom.

The water from my shower head was scalding hot, just the way I loved it. The temperature and water pressure relieved my tense muscles, almost letting me forget about the bad of Mason.

I wish he wasn't so possessive, controlling, and cruel. I can't deal with that again...much less in my lifetime partner.

'But he's our mate. He would never hurt us intentionally. He'll do what's best for us Sage. Please don't shut him out,' my wolf begged.

'Fine. You're right Seraphina. He is our mate. You deserve to be with your other half. I'll try for you,' I answer tiredly, not fully ready to accept the burden I just promised.

If you're wondering about my nickname for her, it came up because she and I agreed that I could call her Seraphina a week or so after my first shift. I got annoyed with referring to her as 'my wolf'. And I could never come back at her when she would 'Sage' me so we agreed on the name Seraphina. A lot of the pack thinks I'm strange for naming her when she is technically a part of me, but I'm pretty sure others followed my lead in naming their wolves. It really is way better. Plus, Seraphina loves her name. Its close enough to Sage in my opinion so whatever. Judge all you want.

I stepped out of the steaming bathroom after finishing up bathing and shaving. My hair was brushed and pulled to the side in a braid. My face was clear of any makeup and my body was being swallowed by an oversized t-shirt. I had on lace boy shorts under the shirt but it literally came down to my knees and I seriously don't feel like wearing pants. Sorry...but not really so whatever.

I went to sleep right away, immediately being lulled into dreamland when my head hit the pillow.

~•~
The weekend passed by without a hitch. I pretty much just stayed in my room except for the occasional snacking. But now it was Monday. And a school day.

"Sage!!! Get up and get to school! You're going to be late!!" Groaning, I turned onto my stomach and shoved my face into my comforting pillow.

"I'm not going!" I childishly yelled back into my pillow. The Beta growled at me yelling at him but his footsteps faded soon after.

I heard everyone running around downstairs and then there was silence. All teens and children were gone for school. Some parents were gone to see their children off to school. Everyone else was probably taking a breather. The kids were gone and they could relax from cooking and yelling.

With the new silence, I fell back asleep. It was peaceful and took me away from thinking about Mason...my reason for ditching classes today.

His pack went to the same school as my pack. It was on the border of both territories. The packs don't exactly have an alliance, but at the same time we do have an understanding. No one fights or wolfs out at school. The only time fights arise is when it involves someone's mate.

Understandable I guess. Even with this 'truce' that occurs most of the time, it is still amazing to see how most of my pack cowers to Mason and his closest friends. The populars of the school.

My thoughts clouded into sweet dreams of Mason, and I was out like a light.

~•~

The next time I woke up, my breathing was heavy and uneven. I was having a panic attack.