•~•CHAPTER 16•~•

A middle aged women is standing in the doorway with an irritated expression that changes to shock when she sees me.

Her mouth opens and closes a few times but nothing comes out.

"Hello," I finally say, hoping it will get her to talk.

"Um...Hi? Who are you? Where's Mason?" She asks cautiously.

"I'm Sage. Mason is on the couch," I move out of the doorway and point to my mate who sits on the couch with an annoyed attitude.

She nods and then walks through the doorway and stands in front of Mason. I linger back slightly, not exactly sure what I should do. Who is this?

"Mason? Why is there a girl in your room?" She attempts to whisper.

"Sage is allowed in here whenever she wants."

"Carly will not be pleased with this. You're marrying her in 13 days Mason!" She whisper shouts and his face changes into an expression of anger. Not that mine was much different.

"Excuse me but who the hell are you?" I speak up, now directly behind Mason. I rest my hands on his shoulders to relax him and force my smile back when he visibly loses some of his stiffness.

"Sage. This is my mom," Mason answers for her. My eyes widen and my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"Oh. I'm sorry," I manage to squeak out.

"Now it's your turn. 'who the hell are you?',huh?"

"I'm his mate," I answer her in a small voice. I really don't want her to hate me.

She somehow manages a more shocked expression than the one I wear.

"You-you're his mate? He found you?" Her wide eyes turn to her son. "You found your mate? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You didn't ask my opinion, let alone if I had a mate. You just shoved the wedding down my throat," his eyebrows scrunch together adorably.

"I wouldn't have pushed it if I knew."

"I didn't want that to be the only reason. I wanted you to actually want me to be happy."

"I do hun! I'm so sorry I made you feel differently. Please forgive me!" She looks ashamed and worried that her son won't forgive her.

"I don't-" he begins and I push my anger through the bond. He better not shut down her apology. He's lucky to have her in his life. He's lucky to have her alive. She didn't know. It was an honest mistake and she is regretful.

He tips his head back to look at me with confusion written all over his flawless face.

"What's wrong?"

I give him a glare and nod towards his mom.

'She didn't know. Be nice.'

'I'm not nice to anyone but you.'

'Be nice for me.'

He half glares at me but turns back to his mother.

"It's the past now. I'm sorry for not telling you," he grumbles adorably. I grin at him and lean down to peck his cheek.

"I forgive you of course. Now please. Tell me all about yourself Sage."

"Mom! Don't steal my time with her. I only get her till Friday," my mate whines.

"It's only Sunday. You have time. Besides! I haven't even met her before today. Now hush for girl talk." I laugh along with his mother and make my way around the couch to sit next to Mason.