•~•CHAPTER 25•~•

Thank you for all the comments on the last chapter!!! I love hearing from you guys!! Enjoy the day early update!!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

**Sage's POV**

By Thursday, I am even more in love with my mate than I thought possible. I'm not ready to go back and face reality. But Conner ordered me to be back by tomorrow and his beta will definitely be checking up on me; Carly's mom will also be demanding Mason's presence since the impending wedding is in 5 days.

'Like hell there will be a wedding between that bitch and my mate,' Seraphina growls. Her possessiveness has increased ten fold over the course of the trip. And if I thought Seraphina was bad, I was not nearly prepared for Mason's wolf. That alpha is one territorial ass.

"We're here," Mason mumbles, seemingly just as disappointed as I am to be back home where all the fights and drama live. I miss our happy vacation bubble where it was just the two of us and no worries.

"Can't we take another trip?" I beg jokingly. He smiles almost sadly at me before bringing our intertwined hands to his lips and kissing my knuckles.

"Soon baby, I promise."

He lets my hand go before putting the truck in park and getting out. I wait patiently as he walks to my door to help me out- an action he told me he was 'supposed' to do.

He grabs my hand again when I get out of the car and then leads me up to the front door of the pack house. The lights are off and I squeal in shock when the pack suddenly jumps out upon Mason switching the light on.

The room is filled with balloons, a giant banner that says 'Welcome Back!', and other smaller banners that say how much they missed us, had baby references, and more.

Faith was the first one to break off and come running to me with her arms open wide. Followed by her was the rest of the pack- running up to us and hugging us, familiarizing themselves with their leaders' scents, asking hundreds of questions, and overall being extremely excited and welcoming.

A sort of panic sets in, spreading and aching more and more the further I get pushed and pulled away from Mason.

When I can finally look up, I see him across the room, his eyes flicking to me every couple of seconds.

"Faith I need Mason," I mumble. The bond hasn't been stretched this much at all since we completed it and its already having an effect on Seraphina and I.

She nods and grabs my hand, immediately making a path through the crowd to Mason.

When I'm finally in touching distance of him again, he grabs me by my waist and pulls me tightly against him so I can't get swept away again. Faith smiles at us before Carver suddenly appears at her side. Her cheeks flush instantly when he takes her other hand and I know we'll be having a lot to discuss later.

"Everyone head to the back for food!" Mason's mom suddenly shouts from halfway up the stairs- most likely the only spot in the room she could find elevation high enough to talk over all the rejoicing wolves. Damn, they act like we died for a year.

Gradually, everyone spills into the backyard where tables upon tables are set out and surrounded by even more chairs. A buffet is set out but no one goes near it yet out of respect for Mason and I.

Once we both go through the line, the pack begins filling their own plates.

Mason leads me to the head table by placing his free hand on the small of my back.