•~•CHAPTER 17•~•

Hey guys. I was so happy to get such positive feedback in the comments that I decided to update super early.

Basically...the more you guys comment, the faster I will update :)

Also, new point of view ;) Enjoy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Faith's POV**

Navigating the pack house is fairly difficult given that it's my first time here. Already being in the kitchen, however, helped me to find it.

The house is moderately dark which is expected since its nearly past two in the morning now. I flip on a few switches in the kitchen, illuminating it in a glow.

The fridges are easy to find- they are the three largest appliances in the spacious room.

After opening the first two, I realize that drinks are all in the third fridge. I roll my eyes at the revelation, mildly annoyed that it was my final choice.

Carver.

As I grab the water and head to take a seat, the name swims through my head, perking my wolf's attention. I've heard of mates finding each other before one or both were of age.

Not all mates feel a connection before they are of age, but if they do it's a milder version of the reaction your wolf will have when they recognize their mate fully. Instead of the mate pull forcing a love at first sight, it's more like an interest or like at first sight.

Some wolves confuse a crush for this early recognition which is why it's not well looked upon.

But I just know it's not simply a crush. His scent was captivating to my wolf. When I felt his eyes on me, my spine tingled and my whole body flushed with warmth. His eyes drew me to him from across Mason's bedroom and I still don't know how I managed to keep my feet planted.

I have never shown an interest in guys. The guys in my grade are all juvenile males who compete for the most attention. The more they fill out, the more they believe they are more than they are. They act above every one else and act as though it's their right to have every female that they look towards. I choose to avoid them as much as I can.

But this male...

This full fledged male who knows his position and power...he has my attention.

I jump in surprise when the fridge door closes. From my seat on the barstool, my eyes lock with the one and only. I must have been extremely distracted with my thoughts to have missed his alluring presence.

"I was wondering when you'd come back to Earth," he teases me, his deep voice pulling at my instinctual need to appreciate all of my mate.

I squirm in my seat, uncomfortable with the feelings he stirs awake.

He cocks his head as he watches my fidgeting. Slowly he comes closer to me, standing across the counter from me.

"Do I make you uncomfortable, Faith?" My name falling from his lips sends chills down my spine, again making me shift.

He smirks boyishly and then begins moving gradually around the counter, coming even closer to me again. He sits in the seat next to me and our knees lightly touch. The contact has my wolf purring in my head.

"Or do you want more of me?" He continues, his voice dropping an octave.

My lip curls threateningly, presenting my canines when he moves to touch my jaw.

He recoils slowly, his eyes lowering at my threat.

"You know I'm Mason's Gamma, right?"

"You realize that Sage is my sister, right?" I retaliate, offended that he thinks it would be that easy with me- overpower me with his presence, say something mildly sexual, and throw his title around. What kind of girls does he hang out with if he thinks I would fall to him that simply?

"Touché." I roll my eyes, getting down from the barstool and walking towards the stairs again.

To my surprise, Carver catches my hand as I walk past him and he gently pulls me back until I am facing him again.

He stands up, towering over me. He easily has at least half a foot on me. "Don't be mad at me Faith. I'm sorry if I offended you. I just assumed it wouldn't be hard to charm you since you're my mate and all."

I choke on my breath as he verbally claims me as his and he gives me a concerned look, handing me his water.

I deny his offer, tipping my own drink back instead to try and control the resulted coughing fit.

"We don't know that for sure," I finally gasp out. He growls lowly at me, his brown eyes darkening more.

"You're denying me?"

"Not exactly..."

"You are my mate Faith. I don't care that you aren't old enough for us to feel it's full power. I know that you are mine."

My wolf howls in joy in my head, excitedly prancing around in her barriers.

"It might not be true," I answer stubbornly.

He growls again, and this time pulls me flush against him, holding me in place by hooking one arm behind my back. His other hand gently grabs my chin, lifting my face up to connect our eyes.

"You. Are. Mine."

He leans into me, his warm breath on my lips.

As my eyes begin to flutter closed as a reaction to his proximity, my sister walks into the kitchen, saving me from making the mistake of kissing a man who may not even be my mate after all.

'But he is,' my wolf huffs.

"What's going on in here?" Sage demands, her strict big sister look in place. Carver's arms don't leave me and her fiery eyes turn on him.

"Step away from my sister, Carver," she growls lowly.

Woah. I thought she was excited that I had, possibly, found my mate.

He growls back at her, his chest vibrating against mine.

I struggle in his hold, wanting to get away from him to avoid their power struggle.

As they continue staring each other down, growls pouring out of their chests, Mason walks into the room as well. His eyes trace the path of his mate's and immediately blacken.

He gently pushes my sister behind him and let's out his own powerful growl to my mate.

Oh jeez. Why is this happening now?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know it was a shorter chapter, but it had a lot going on in it so I hope that made up for the length. Also, I'll still be updating on Friday (or earlier if I get more votes and comments), this was just an extra update because of all the comments and votes over the past few chapters :)