•~•CHAPTER 19•~•

"Faith, please please be safe, okay?" I plead, hugging her for the millionth time in the past half hour.

"Sage, remember how you brought me here for  that specific reason?" She giggles, hugging me back just as tightly, probably more for my benefit than hers.

"Okay, okay. You're right. I know you're right." I pull away to smile at her, becoming increasingly saddened that I will be away from her so long. I've never been away from her for more than a weekend.

"Come Sage. We're going to miss our flight. Faith will be fine. Drew and Eli won't let anything happen to her."

Carver stands off by the side of the house, his posture stiff with my mate's pointed words. The males are still angry with each other and Carver reeks of aggression. I feel for him. It isn't his fault his mate is so young.

"I know. I trust the three males to keep her safe," I answer sweetly. Mason huffs in disapproval.

"Get in Sage." He turns from me, walking to the driver's side in anger.

I look to Faith who now wears a frown as she stares towards Mason. I turn her gently back to me and smile in hopes to comfort. With a dramatic roll of my eyes I whisper to her that he will get over it. She still looks unsure but attempts a smile back at me.

"I'll be okay little sis. I promise I can handle his mood swings," I grin, leaning forward to kiss her forehead. "I love you, little wolf. I'll see you soon enough."

She waves as I walk away from her and hop into the cab of Mason's truck.

His eyes refuse to look my way, preferring to fill the cab in awkward silence as he begins driving towards town.

"Carver isn't welcome near you or her."

"Carver is her mate. Granted he was trying to move far too fast last night, but his intentions are natural. It's ingrained in him to want the set off the mating process. And aggression always comes with restrained males. You obviously know the experience." I give him my best silly sweet smile to taunt him.

"I don't care Sage. You are his Luna and you come first. Always."

"I'm your first, Mason. She will always be his. Luna or not. You shouldn't expect so much of him when you would never ask another pack member to drop their mate for yours."

"I don't expect more of him-"

"You do. And of Drew and Eli. They are your best friends but they won't always have your same ideas. You have your own mate, Mason. Let them have theirs."

"If you want him with Faith, that's on you. But who holds the power to be my third, is on me. I don't want someone who is so full of puffed up aggression and hormones to be my Gamma. Eli will be better."

"Until he finds his other half."

He head turns to me for the first time during the ride. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Carver was best. Your first choice for Gamma. Until Faith, that is. He's only high on hormones because he just found her. He will level back out soon enough. Eli will have the same problem when he finds his mate. And then what? You swap them again?"

"His thinking is too rash. I can't have him hurting you."

"Mason. You and I both know that you are being too harsh and unforgiving. Carver has never given you a reason to doubt him before. Give him another chance to be the Gamma you need. The Gamma he always has been. He just needs a chance."

My mate says nothing to me, once again opting for silence. This time, though, I know he is just stirring through my truthful words. His decision was rash and at one point or another, he will come to this conclusion as well.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

My nails dig into the cloth seat and the vehicle shakes with its excursion.

Mason gives me a concerned look and puts his hand on my thigh, rubbing my exposed skin comfortingly. Inwardly, I scoff at how he chooses now to finally give me his attention. Outwardly, I'm too terrified to do anything but lean closer to him and squeeze my eyes tightly shut.

"You've really never been on a plane?" He asks for the sixth time. I merely growl at him, wishing I could get off the wretched machine already.

"Is it over yet?" I manage out though clenched teeth, my whole body tense even with Mason's attempts to use skin contact to smooth me.

"Babe, we just took off..."

"So? Isn't this supposed to be fast?" I whimper.

"Not when you're flying across the country."

"Well why'd we have to go to Cozumel?" I practically whine, finally opening my eyes to give Mason my puppy dog face.

"Cause you liked the beach pictures online," he grins, leaning into me and kissing my forehead.

I sigh and shift even closer to him, ending up practically on his lap. He doesn't complain.

"Can you just distract me?"

He smirks before telling me that airplane bathrooms are far too small. My blush coats my cheeks far too long, even catching the stewardess's attention when she comes by to take our orders.

"Only 6 hours to go, baby," Mason grins teasingly.

I glare at him before closing the window shade, blocking out the slowly setting sun.

"Here are your complimentary meals," the stewardess announces, breaking the silence as she comes back. Mason helps me put my tray down and a small meal is placed on it.

"And the champagne you ordered, sir," she hands him two flukes filled with sparkling champagne. I don't miss how she purposely touches him hand when pulling away. My glare follows her as she moves to the next row of first class.

"She means nothing to me, Sage. I am all yours," Mason whispers, his warm breath fanning over my mark causing a pleasurable chill to run down my spine. Despite this, I still don't tear my eyes from the witch. Mason's hand goes into my hair and he forces my eyes to meet his. "Stop Sage," he growls, his alpha command leaking in. I go to pull out of his hold but when I raise my hand, I see full claws where nails are meant to be. The bones in my hand are awkward looking and my skin is already sprouting fur. Looking down, my other hand is the same way and I then realize how awkward my spine feels in this vertical position.

"Relax baby. Just relax." His hand moves through my hair now, gently smoothing down my animalistic side.

Slowly, my body reforms to my skin side and Mason sighs out in relief, relaxing back into his seat as opposed to his previous position of shielding my body from the sight of other passengers.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I mean... she touched you but still."

"It's the mark. You're a little extra possessive since we're so connected but still technically unmated."

"We should fix that," I smirk, feeling my playful side come out. My wolf skips around in my head before pushing her chest into the ground and her rump into the air. Her tail wags wildly as she encourages me to continue baiting our mate.

"We will soon, my beautiful girl. Just you wait."

I shiver involuntarily, sinking back into my seat as my wolf fills my head with her inappropriate desires.

This is going to be a long flight for sure.