•~•CHAPTER 35•~•

**Sage's POV**

"You cheated on me, Sage," Conner states icily. He spins the knife in his hand, staring down at the sharpened blade.

I keep myself huddled in the corner of the cell with my knees pulled up to block my stomach from his impending assault.

The hard front I held after Faith was taken from me is long gone, along with most my strength. Conner has me practically starving, hardly enough food for one female wolf let alone a pregnant one.

"You gave that stranger everything and left me to wait for our visits." he laughs bitterly, "I should've known something was up after I saw you last time. You were antsy and I pegged it all on excitement. You make me delusional." He crosses the cell and grips my face harshly in his hand.

"You make me weak! You selfish bitch!" He screams, spit landing on my face while his own reddens in anger.

"If I make you so w-weak..why do you want me?" I breathe out, exhaustion clear in my voice. He suddenly lands a punch on my temple that makes me fall to my side on the cold concrete ground.

I instantly try to ball myself to protect the possible life in my stomach but his foot connects before I can. I scream in pain and roll away from him so my back takes the next two kicks.

He hand reaches into my hair, dragging me to my feet despite my attempt to ignore the pain and stay in my protective position. As soon as I'm standing, he slams my back into the wall and then the knife into my lower ribs. I choke on my own breath, the pain so excruciating that it leaves me gasping after he pulls the metal back out.

He grabs my face again, turning my eyes on him. "You did this to yourself, Sage. We could've been happy. You're the one that went and fucked it all up."

I bite my tongue to hold in my remarks about how he's the one that turned into an asshole. He's the one that lied about who he was. He's the one that hurt me. The one that kept hurting me.

He controlled my life. He threatened my livelihood. He tainted my existence. He is everything wrong me who I am and what I have. He's the reason I have so much baggage...so much anxiety and paranoia... so much pain.

This is his fault.

...But do I say any of that?

"I-I'm s-sorry," I cry instead, collapsing into myself and balling up on the floor while he looks down at me with disgust.

"You're a used whore, Sage. If it weren't for your father I would have slit your throat and let you bleed out on that bloody mess of a battlefield you created. You're going to wish I didn't still need you though Sage. Trust me on that," he growls lowly. He glances over me once more before turning and walking out, slamming the metal door behind him.

I don't know what my dead beat father has to do with any of this, but what I do know is that I can't survive this. I knew it before. I knew I would never survive him and now that I have no good side of Conner left, I know it even more. I will die in this cell.

I can't be his pet again. I can't take a lifetime of this torture. I can't go on with my Mason.

I can't survive this.

**Mason's POV**

"We move. Now," I growl at all the warriors standing in the front yard.

Drew, being the level headed beta that he is, has tried calming me down. He's tried to make me think rationally but all I can ever think about is getting her back to me before it's too late.

I've lost most my faith about her and my pup both being safe. It's been almost two weeks after all, and I know Conner has no restrictions when it comes to laying his hands on her.

"Just one more time, Mason. Are you sure you don't want a stronger plan? We'll be going in there practically blind. And you're already not thinking clearly," Drew tries again, putting his hand on my shoulder to try and comfort me.

"He's making the right decision, Drew so just back the fuck off," Carver growls from my right side, his eyes black pits as they have been since he woke up from his injuries and found Faith still gone.

"We have to get them back Drew. They are two of the highest ranking females, along with the heir to the Alpha position. The longer we wait, the weaker both Carver and I will be. We need them. Now."

He sighs and drops his eyes with a nod.

When my eyes turn back to my warriors, they all have hardened features and looks of approval. They were all listening and I'm glad to have their support on this. I know Drew agrees, he's just trying to be smart where I have lost my logic.

"Move out."