•~•CHAPTER 24•~•

Happy Friday!!! 11:50 pm my time but I still made it! Haha!

Since everyone seems to love Faith and Carver, I decided to give them their own chapter :)

Enjoy the update and please tell me what you think, including any other requests!!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

**Faith's POV**

I skillfully begin pulling myself up into the nearest tree, something I always used to do when Sage and I played hide and seek. When I got my wolf, I practiced all the time to be able to climb in her form.

My claws sink into the bark and I find as much footing as possible to elevate me higher into the cover of the leaves. 

The higher I climb, the more I can smell the freshness of the leaves and I know they're starting to cover my scent. Finally satisfied with my position, I lay still on my branch of choice and watch below me for my mate.

Finally, he sprints by for the briefest second before I hear his growls of displeasure. He skids to a stop almost comically before turning and trotting back to my tree. He goes up on his hind legs, bracing himself against the tree trunk as he sniffs up the bark. His nose goes to the air after he can no longer sniff the tree any higher. With a huff, he drops back to the ground and paces under the tree, his eyes up, searching for me. I hear him growling up at me, his wolf not taking kindly to having his mate hide from him.

'This is a dangerous game, little wolf,' he grumbles in my head.

I stay silent, letting him find me himself.

'How the fuck did you climb a tree anyway? Did you shift back?' He sounds frustrated but that soon changes to a dark lust as he adds, 'Does that mean you're up there naked?'

'No asshole!' I finally snap back. My cheeks would be crimson if I were human. But I'm not! My wolf on the hand seems rather amused by the idea. She's an asshole too.

'Well if you expect me to climb up there after you, I'm gunna have to shift back,' he replies teasingly.

'No I'm good! You don't need to do that!' I squeak back, becoming more embarrassed by the second.

'Well then your cute ass has 5 seconds to come back down to solid ground or else I'm coming up,' he threatens. I watch him plop down on the dirt below me, his eyes locking on mine as he finally catches sight of me. I huff out in frustration.

'Fine Fine Fine. Just keep your fur on,' I grumble, backing along the branch until I can sink my claws back into the trunk.

I take longer than 5 seconds- getting down without just falling is harder than pulling my weight up- but Carver doesn't follow through on his threat. In fact, he looks almost pained watching me, flinching every time I drop to a lower branch.

He gets closer the lower I get, eventually laying down right below me so I'll land on him if I fall. My heart swells at his protectiveness. I've never had someone so worried about me. I mean sure- my mom and Sage were always protective, but they also couldn't always be there. Carver on the other hand has been there every second that I've let him.