•~•CHAPTER 20•~•

The king size bed cocoons my body when I flop on to it. Disregarding my struggling mate, I make myself comfortable in the mountain of pillows at the head of the bed.

"There's that beautiful smile," Mason grins as he finally sets down the last of our bags. My smile broadens as he makes his way to the bed and crawls over my body. Hovering above me, he leans down to connect our lips.

All too soon, he pulls away and drops onto his back next to me.

"Are you happy with the resort I chose?" He asks, a hint of nervousness in his words.

"It's gorgeous. I can't wait to check it all out and see what they offer."

"I hope you don't plan on leaving this room too often," he growls playfully, his fingertips drawing shapes on my thigh.

I slap his chest as a blush coats my cheeks. After mumbling for him to shut up, I make my way to the adjoining bathroom. I am not surprised to find a vast space with far more room than two people honestly need.

I decide to take a shower, annoyed still by how tense the long airplane ride made me. Heading back to the room, I find my toiletry bag and change of clothes.

The shower takes me a minute to understand as there are multiple shower heads, including a large panel across the ceiling that drops water in a rain like form. I have never before been so confused in a shower.

Finally completing my routine and dressing in comfortable attire, I set my mind on food as my stomach has growled for the past 15 minutes, growing progressively louder. I head out to Mason to inform him of my needs, but he hasn't moved from his position on the bed. The closer I get, I realize that he is fast asleep.

His beautiful face is so relaxed in sleep. It's such a stark contrast to the mask he wears around other packs and disobeying pack mates.

The mental war I'm raging between not wanting to disturb his slumber and not wanting to leave without him battle it out in my head before I concede to them both and just crawl into the bed with him. I can't deny the exhaustion I feel. Food can wait.

The thought scares me as it passes through my mind. How in the world did a person become a higher priority than food?

When he unconsciously reaches out and pulls me into his chest, my answer is clear. Nothing will ever be as important to me as this male of mine.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Come in," I pout, standing over him. My bikini and hair drip saltwater onto his body but he hardly pays attention.

Mason looks up at me and then shakes his head and lies back down.

The beach reflects the sun making the sand look almost white. Mason's tanned body looks brilliant against it. Not that his toned physic could ever look bad.

"Mason," I drawl out, a whine evident in my voice.

"Babe I'm already annoyed that you came out of our room in that little bikini. Let me just lay here. I'm exhausted."

"From what? All you did was sleep 12 hours straight!"

"Don't patronize me. I'm on vacation," he mumbles with a grin teasing the corners of his lips.

"Actually we're here to work," I remark sassily. A smirk makes its way onto his face. The black dark glasses covering his eyes make him look even cockier and I can't help the roll of my eyes.