•~•CHAPTER 5•~•

Early update:) enjoy!!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

**Sage's POV**

I fell asleep quickly after talking to Mason, happy with myself for coming up with an idea that might just work.

When I woke up the next morning, it was an hour earlier than my usual time. I first made sure that my block was still up and was happy with the outcome. I speedily threw on a sweatshirt and yoga pants and walked down to the drug store down the street.

I bought brown colored contacts and the most potent perfume and then went back to my room to get to work on altering my appearance and scent.

The colored contacts would confuse his wolf. One of the main ways to find your mate is locking eyes, but this will sort of shield my eyes and he won't be able to know it's me.

2nd way to find your mate is scent. I washed a pair of black skinny jeans and a light gray vest top in detergent that I don't normally use. On top of that, I sprayed the clothes with tons of that perfume I had bought, showered in completely different scents, and sprayed my body with the perfume. I slightly smelled like myself, but it was more like I had just been around me. I didn't smell like just me.

3rd way to find your mate is touch. I can't exactly do anything to fix that unless I want to wear a freaking scuba suit, but how bloody obvious would that be? So I'll just avoid being in arms length to him.

When I was finally dressed and smelled differently, I applied dark eyeshadow and thick winged eyeliner. I also did a few coats of mascara and used foundation that was a shade lighter than usual. I ended my look with clear lipgloss. My dark brown hair was pin straight and my bangs were blow dried slightly to the side. I looked good if I do say so myself.

Time for contacts. I put them in slowly, afraid to poke myself in the eye. Don't judge my fear! I've never worn contacts before!

My vision was blurry at first and that gave me another idea. Glasses. I went back into my room and pulled glasses from my drawer that I had used in a Halloween costume a few years ago. They were pretty thick rimmed across the top but pretty classy and cute.

Surprisingly, I didn't look too bad in them. They actually looked really good with the outfit. And they would give another layer to my eyes to make it even harder for Mason to claim me as his.

I felt a pounding in my head and knew that meant Mason was trying to force his way into my thoughts. I cleared all thoughts of my plan from my thoughts and made sure to remove the image of my outfit from my head.

I let him in after a few more seconds and the growing headache instantly went away. Thank god.

'Good morning Mason,' I said sarcastically.

'Good morning Seraphina. Sorry if I was giving you a headache. I had to make sure you were okay.'

'I'm great. Thank you I guess.'

'You're still going to school right?'

'Yes.'

'And you're still okay with me going?'

I hummed in response. I figured that response would be better than yelling at him that he had to come cause I wanted to see him.

'Okay...'

'I'll see you later.'

He groans in response but says nothing else. Since I was done getting ready and still had extra time I decided to go and eat breakfast. I haven't got the 'you're late' knock on my door yet so that meant I had over 10 minutes till I had to leave. Yay me.

I found an apple and sat at the barstools eating it, watching late risers running around in panic. It was entertaining to say to least.

Right when I was about to leave, one of Connor's friends walked up to me, his eyes running up and down my body repeatedly.

"Hey hottie. What's your name?"

"What's it to you?"

"I don't know. Names don't exactly matter. Wanna have some fun? My doors open," he smirks and winks suggestively at me.

"I don't kiss on the first date," I answer sarcastically with an added eye roll.

He laughs at that and stares at me as if I've grown three heads. "No ones ever turned me down, ya know that? How come I've never seen you around? Do you live here?"

"I was guessing from your utter cockiness. And ya I live here."

"Do you go to high school?"

"Yep." I pop the p for emphasize.

"Wanna ride? We can get the first date over with in the car and move right in to date number two. Then I get my kiss. Or more," he winks and I roll my eyes again. "Kidding. Kidding. Kind of. But I'm serious about the ride. Let's go or we'll be late."

I shrug and follow him. Brady Dexter. Third in command-to-be. Cocky son of a bitch. But funny as hell. He was probably the only friend of Conner's that I liked. He got Connor to back off the one time he saw Conner beating me and I liked him way more since. Obviously he doesn't recognize me which is a reassurance.

Not completely reassuring because he's not an Alpha or my mate nor both. Mason's senses are heightened around me and with his Alpha genes already I'm kind of getting nervous.

Brady drives the 10 minutes to school and the bell still isn't scheduled to ring for another 5 minutes. We made good time to be honest. The whole car ride, Brady wouldn't shut up with his terrible jokes and now I was having trouble breathing from laughing so hard.

I promise you though, it's not his jokes that make me laugh. It's the way he tells them as well as his laugh is contagious. He's always been funny, but that's not always intentional for him. Most the time he just does stupid stuff. His jokes don't usually make the cut so he was pretty pleased with himself for making me laugh.

"Well chica. It was great hanging out with you. Your laugh is adorable by the way. It kind of reminds me of someone I know, but whatever. We should hang out again. I'll stop hitting on you too if you want. Mostly."

I laughed again. "Sorry bud but you don't really have a chance after those awful pickup lines you attempted in the car."  He shrugs with a nod.

"Fair enough." Before I can respond, the bell rings and we both part with a 'bye'.