•~•CHAPTER 32•~•

Another chapter guys!!
We're coming to an end quickly so I hope you are all ready for that tragedy...
As usual though, please give me feedback so I can keep trying to incorporate what you guys want to see.... ❤️ enjoy!

**Sage's POV**

I could hear my heartbeat in my ears and everything the men were saying around me was turning into white noise.

I was feverishly pacing, my nails chewed down to practically nothing. I've been running my hands so much and so harshly that I've started pulling chunks out.

She's gone.

She's gone and they have her. He has her. He's going to kill her. He's going to kill my baby sister.

I glare at my mate again, still uncontrollably furious at him.

He kept me from her. His pack didn't save her. If it weren't for him, Faith and I never would've left and none of this would've happened.

"Sage!" His voice suddenly breaks through the white noise and I feel my wolf shuffling herself down in submission at the time he uses.

He's suddenly right in front of me, his hands cupping my face.

"Sage, you need to calm down now. All those thoughts you're having are pointless now. By the time we got there, it was too late to go after her without dying ourselves. Our pack didn't know she was in trouble. And babe... without me, you'd still be with Conner. I know you wouldn't want that. I know you're livid, but it's not our packs fault. It's his. It's Conner's pack. Remember who the enemy is, Sage. Because I promise you it's not me."

I inhale and exhale slowly, trying to calm myself down like he said. All I can picture is the way he pulled me away from her....

We were so close. I could smell her scent getting stronger. Carver- I can smell his scent too. Incredibly fresh...he hasn't even left yet.

Blood. I smell blood everywhere.

When we break through the trees to the barrier that delegates the packs, we see him. He's on their side. He's laying down and he doesn't look like he's breathing. Is he breathing?

No. Where's Faith? I have to find Faith.

Mason goes to Carver immediately, nudging his body with his muzzle.

Where's Faith?

There are two more motionless wolf bodies. I didn't notice them before but now I do. Neither of them are Faith.

The warriors and healers that came with us are parading around, helping Carver and looking for danger.

Where's Faith?

My nose leads me deeper into their territory. She's not alone. There's another scent...I know that scent.

Musky. Too much cheap cologne. Sex.

I know that scent. How do I know that scent?

I know that scent.

Where's Faith?

'Where are you going Luna?' Mason links me, emphasizing my title purposefully to remind me that I have duties beyond walking into a trap to save my sister.

Cologne...forest...sex...blood...

Ryan!

No no no no! Ryan can't have her. Ryan can't. Even Conner would be better for her than Ryan. At least Conner would use her as bait for me. Ryan will just kill her or rape her for his own sake.