•~•CHAPTER 34•~•

I'm so sorry for the short length.... I'm struggling a bit with ideas but Im trying to update weekly still. Hope you enjoy:)

•~•~•~•~•~•

He's faster than before, the training he's been through obviously having an effect on his abilities. Before I can react, he's attacking. His bites are conducted with strategy as he goes for tendons, arteries, my eyes...

All too quickly, I'm left with a a broken front leg and a heavily bleeding thigh that opens more with every step. I know I'm weakening just as much as he does, but still I try to fight back, ripping chunks of skin and muscle from of his haunches. He only grows angrier with the more blood I take from him, while I in turn grow weaker.

Its when he rams in to my side, rolling me to my back that I know he has won. My soft underbelly suffers an assault from both teeth and claw alike before my howls and yelps of pain are silenced with my inability to stay awake any longer. The blood loss is too great, especially so soon after my last fight.

My last thought before the darkness takes over is of my pup and how sorry I am for leading him or her into this destructive fate.

~~~

When I come to, there is nothing but darkness to greet me in my arrival back to consciousness. The cold, hard ground beneath me assures me that I'm awake, as does the excruciating pain coming from most of my body. I can feel my heart start racing with my new found panic.

"Shh. Its okay, Sage. I'm here. I'm still here," Faith's voice bring a new calm to me. I can hear her coming closer until she's next to me, her warmth soaking into my own body when she pulls my head into her lap. "We're in the cells. They shut off most the lights down here at night. But it will be okay...Mason will come Sage. I promise."

"I-I'm sorry," I respond weakly, my voice scratchy. Nothing else is passed between us for a long while until I feel wetness falling onto my face.

"Sage, you shouldn't have come after me alone," She finally responds, her voice higher pitched and I know she's crying.

"You're my sister, Faith. I won't ever leave you alone," I whisper back.

Her hand comes to my stomach as a choked sob leaves her lips. "There was so much damage Sage."

My stomach drop instantly and I feel like throwing up. "I- I...my pup...Faith am I not...?"

"Conner knew. He was screaming about how your scent was different when he changed back yo his skin side. He was so angry. That's why he kept going...he just kept ripping into you even after you passed out," she sobs. "I was trying to get to you...I killed two more of his warriors just trying... but more came out and I wasn't strong enough-" her own hysterics cut her off.

"I'm not pregnant?"

I sound pitiful even to myself. How could I let it come to this?

"I don't know Sage...but he was merciless. I'm so sorry..."

I don't know how long I sit silently before eventually giving back in to the exhaustion.

~~~

"What did you expect, bitch?" A gruff voice asks sarcastically. "Alpha's not just going to let you two stay together and pull another stunt like your first one again."

"No! Please! Just let her wake up!" Faith pleads, sounding far away.

"He gave you time to heal her enough to not die. It's time to move cells," he snaps in response. I don't recognize the voice. After the miniature massacre committed by my sister and myself, I don't even know who else would be left to rule in Conner's dictatorship.

I force my eyes open, needing to at least see her one more time before they take her from me.

Her eyes are on me, fear in their watery depths.

She mouths 'i love you' to me when she notices that I'm staring back at her, and then she's taken out of my sight.

I hear their steps getting farther away before the sound of a cell door opening and closing sounds at the far end of the hall.

The silence doesn't last long, disappearing the second Conner comes stomping into the prison and stopping at my cell.

"Finally awake, bitch?" He sneers, unlocking the cell and coming into my space. He pulls me up forcefully from the ground, his grip painfully tight on my biceps.

"Go to hell," I manage out, my voice strained.

His eyes harden even more and his fist connects with my jaw before I can blink.

I crumble to the ground from the impact.

He's gotten stronger too. The Alpha training was apparently not as good for me as I thought it would be.