•~•CHAPTER 31•~•

Friday night- 11:52 pm
I did it ;) Told you I'd see you guys on Friday!

Anyway... I hope it meets expectations. Enjoy and let me know what you think!! :)

**Mason's POV**

The built in bookshelf comes crashing down from the wall, along with a massive amount of drywall. Everything in it- at least everything left in it after I tore most of the objects from their positions to throw and shred- crashes to the ground right along with the furniture piece.

It narrowly misses the pile of firewood that used to be called a desk.

It doesn't matter. I don't deserve a desk if my life collapses the way I envision it will. It's almost poetic right? I destroy from the outside in just so that my mate can destroy me from the inside out. Oh how mate's compliment each other. Just the perfect other half.

My office feels my wrath as time ticks by and Faith doesn't return.

So her mate is angry. So he's being all possessive and petty and animalistic. So he doesn't understand how to control any of his emotions. So what?

My mate...my mate is pushing me away with all she has. My mate is shutting down and hiding out. My mate is talking like she's suicidal or planning an abortion! I need help!

Carver can wait. My mate...Faith's sister... Sage can't wait. She needs help and she needs it now because God knows how much longer she's willing to, or even capable of hanging on.

I have to talk to her because I can't wait for Faith. I can't wait for anyone or anything.

Faith told me enough right? I can do this, right?

Of course I can, she's my mate. I'm an Alpha!

So why does this feel so impossible?

Why does the door in front of me... the door to where I know she is... why is it so haunting? Why does it make me feel like pushing it open will shatter every piece of me? 

Sage was just starting to fix me. She was finally breaking me down and building me up the way I should've been.

That's why I owe her this. She picked up my broken pieces... and even if it means shattering them again, I will so long as she gets her turn to be mended. I will do anything to make her happy... to make her whole.

**Sage's POV**

What should I do?

The more I think about it... the more I know I can't make this decision on my own.

This baby...this life inside of me is Mason's too. It's not like he has to carry it around for however many months. And it's not like wherever he goes, everyone will be able to see.

But this baby is his. And he's happy. I can't take that from him, can I?

The bedroom door opens and Mason walks in looking disshelved. His hair is wild like his fingers haven't stopped running through it, and his knuckles are busted.

"Mason what's-"

"No wait. It's my turn to talk," he cuts me off, pacing in front of me. "Sage, I love you more than life itself and I-I never want you to be unhappy..." he stutters before he looks up at me with red rimmed eyes and it's then I realize that he is about to cry...or maybe he has been crying this whole time. Am I that oblivious lately? Have I been that turned off from the world?

It's then I realize just what it is I'm doing to him- the man I'm supposed to be devoted to above all else. The man I'm supposed to make safe and happy at all costs. And this is what I'm doing to him?

"Sage, if you don't want this- this life with me, then you don't- you don't have to live it. I-I won't force you into anything. You should know that." He looks away from me and I feel my heart break as a tear falls in a jagged pattern down his cheek, a sight I never thought I'd have to witness. "If you don't want the baby... or if... or if you don't want m-me..."

I stand up quickly and move towards him, burying myself in his chest.

"Y-you don't have to," he breathes out, tensing up as his pulse rises.

"I don't want to leave you, Mason," I whisper weakly. His heart hammers in his chest, so fast that I can feel it against my head.

I do feel pressure. So much damn pressure from everyone..from everything. It feels impossible to be this person all at the same time.

An obedient girlfriend. A sister. A rebel. A mate. A fighter. A Luna....A mother.

So much is expected of me but... I'm just a kid. I didn't ever grow up imagining the day that my abusive boyfriend would want to kill me for being pregnant by my mate who has more blood on his hands than anyone I've ever met. I didn't picture my life turning out this way- an orphan raising her little sister while two Alphas fight to possess her as another human grows in her stomach. I didn't see this as ever being a problem that I would have.

But despite all that- despite all the shit that has controlled my life- I still was lucky enough to meet my mate. My other half.  My Mason.

His arms come around me and wrap me up tightly. He deserves an explanation. But how do I put my racing ideas and hesitation into words? How do I tell him the ideas I've considered, the fear I've felt, and the panic that has set in? Most of all, how do I let him in without hurting him?

"It's just... I am..was so afraid that this pregnancy will change everything, you know? Like we'll be stuck together... even if you get tired of me... and then if you get tired of me then..well.. you could change-"

"Sage, please... Faith told me a lot..she helped me to understand where you were coming from...but Sage, do you really think I would hurt you? Do you really think I will turn into him?"

He sounds so pained that I can't help feeling awful for everything I've put him through.

"It's all I know, Mason," I answer quietly after a long moment.

He gently forces my chin up so that I am looking into his eyes. "I'll change that, baby. I'll teach you to believe in me." He leans in to kiss me, slowly in order to give me time to move away like I have been. But I don't want to run anymore. I want my mate.

When he finds no hesitation from me, his lips press against mine, instantly warming my body.

His fingers curl into my hips, pulling me closer as my lips move with his. I love Mason. I know I love him. And I know he loves me. Really loves me. Not the way Conner said he loved me.

Mason wasn't the man I expected to save me, but he has done so much to change my life and change me. I'm stronger now. I'm braver and more self assured. I can actually breathe now because of him. He has changed my life more than I thought anyone could.

He brought me to life, as corny as that sounds. He saved me when I couldn't save myself and I owe him everything for that.

I want him to have the world. I want to give him the world. Hell, I want to share his world. His hopes and dreams. His ideas and emotions. His pack and...his baby. I want his baby. I want our baby.

How could I be so stupid before? How could I be so blind?

Mason is everything to me and our baby will only strengthen what we are and what we have. And I can't wait for that. 

Before we can get too heated, though, the door opens with a loud bang and Eli comes barreling in.

Mason begins a growl but Eli starts yelling over him. "Hurry! It's Carver and Faith!! They got dragged over the border! He says he's losing her!" He screams frantically, all composure lost.

I step away from Mason and into Eli's space. "What do you mean he's losing my sister?" I can't help growling, Seraphina raising to the surface to match my anger.

"Luna, we have to go. Now!" He says instead, his eyes wide and worried.