•~• CHAPTER 22 •~•

Happy Friday :)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

**Sage's POV**

"What do you mean you've never tasted seafood?" I gasp, my eyes wide.

Mason shrugs. "My mom is allergic so we just never had it around... it smells weird though. I'm not a fan." His nose cringes adorably as he stares at the shrimp cocktail between us.

"You haven't even tasted it!" I defend, dipping another shrimp and biting off the tail before chewing.

"It's a shrimp! And it looks like a shrimp. Like couldn't they at least make it look appetizing?" He complains.

"Just try it, ya big baby!" I push the bowl closer to him and he gives me a worried look.

"It's not gunna kill you."

"What if it does? I could be allergic like my mom."

"Won't know until you try it," I grin.

His jaw drops in mock hurt. "You're trying to kill me," he claims, tenderly picking up a shrimp and trying to copy as I've been doing. He holds it like it might wake up and attack his face. I withhold my giggles, simply because I know he won't appreciate it.

When he bites into the meat, his whole face contorts, scrunching up in disgust.

He closes his eyes as if trying to just get through the swallowing process. I can't hold in my giggles anymore and they come bursting out.

As offended as I am that he didn't like my suggestion to eat the shrimp, I'm too amused by his adorable face to not laugh.

"That was horrible," he wheezes, his eyes slightly watery.

"Baby," I growl playfully, biting into another one.

"You're the baby," he counters. "My baby."

"Correction: I'm supposed to be carrying your baby."

The realization of the possible impending destruction of our relationship causes both of us to go quiet.

The next entrée is just as quiet and strained, both of us lost in our own minds.  

When dessert comes and goes in the same fashion, I decide to break the chain. I scoot around the U-shaped booth until I'm pressed against his side.

"Look at me Mason," I demand, gently placing my hand on my cheek to guide his face. He slowly turns his head, his eyes darkened with the slight presence of his wolf. "It's going to be okay. We're going to get through this. There's no way some stupid contract is more powerful than what we have. Okay? I love you. Nothing is going to change that."

He tilts my chin up with his thumb and forefinger and presses his lips gently against mine. "You're going to be a perfect Luna." His return speech isn't long but no other words could have puffed up my wolf and my own pride in myself more.

After he pays the check, Mason leads me outside for the walk back to our room. His hand sits gently against my lower back where the dress opens up.

The air is hot and humid and I almost regret wearing the long sleeved dress...until I remember how gorgeous it was and all was forgiven.

"Where do you want to go now beautiful?"

"Maybe a walk on the beach? I'm really gunna miss it when we have to go back," I sigh, subconsciously leaning closer to him.