•~•CHAPTER 9•~•

I'm sorry for the short update. I'll make it up to you next week!!!
I hope the content is enough to satisfy :)
Let me know what you think!!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We walk side by side down to his office. The delusional woman is pacing the floor and only stops when we walk in.

"I found the contract. You are still marrying my daughter," The woman smirks triumphantly.

I growl lowly at her and Mason tightens his grip on my hip in order to restrain me.

"Control your gold-digging whore Mason," she spits. Mason growls at her for insulting me and my wolf claws at her barriers, wanting to teach this idiot some respect.

"Show my Luna some respect," Mason demands, reading my mind.

"My daughter will be with you, so this little girl will not be Luna. My daughter will make an excellent Alpha-female though. You need to go get fitted for a tux. There is only a few weeks to go before my daughter will be walking down the aisle to meet you at the alter."

"THAT'S IT BITCH!" I rip myself from Mason's tight hold and jump on Victoria. She falls to the floor with a shriek and then lets out a high pitched scream when I punch her in the face. My wolf purrs at the delicious sound of her nose cracking.

"Sage," Mason whines, pulling me from the woman and holding me so my back is pressed against his chest. "You can't keep beating people up because they piss you off. That's a Luna and a Luna's daughter all in one day."

"MINE," I growl. Looking in the mirror on Mason's wall, I clearly see my black eyes staring back at me.

"Yes I am Sage, you need to realize that and calm down." I growl lowly but relax against him.

"As I was saying," the woman spits, now standing between two of Mason's burly pack warriors. "The only way out of you being with my daughter is for your mate to become impregnated with your heir. But, a good thing for you, I cannot force you to marry her until 3 weeks after both of you have been notified. So I guess you have 3 weeks to knock this bitch up or else you will be with my daughter." I closed my eyes, trying to restrain my growl.

I wasn't ready for this. I wanted to move slow with Mason. I didn't want to be locked down with another possessive bastard.

On top of that, Conner is going to murder me if I am marked, mated, and pregnant when he gets back. He will kill me, my baby, and my sister. He will kill Mason just after because Mason would be weakened by my death and most likely depressed from losing me and our child.

This is toxic. I can't let everyone die that I love or will love.

I need to leave Mason to marry her. She won't make death after death occur around him. She won't be his death. I will go back to my old life. I will protect my sister and be Conner's punching bag. Anything to keep Mason safe. Anything to protect the life Mason could give me.

'You are never leaving me.'

'Mason I can't let you get hurt!'

'How would I get hurt?' thank god he didn't hear all my thoughts.

'You not fulfilling this would take down the alliance you have with Victoria's pack. They could come after you. My old pack may not want me to leave. I'm too much trouble for my worth.'

'Don't ever say that. You are everything to me. I need you.'

"Don't get any of your hopes up. This situation will be averted. Now leave my land. And take Carly with you." The two of them glare at each other and the two warriors escort Victoria to the hospital to retrieve Carly so both females can be removed from the territory.

I glare at the door for a long time, pretty much frozen in place. Mason had left my side so he could go over to his desk and try to look for another loophole in the contract.

Why was this happening to my mate? He wasn't as bad as I had originally thought and he definitely didn't deserve to be stuck with Carly.

I would do anything for my mate. To keep my mate happy. To keep my mate safe.

I really don't think that he would be letting me leave, so that left me with one option.

"I'm so sorry baby," Mason apologizes, dropping the papers and burying his face in his hands.

My wolf whined at the sight and I quickly made my way to him. I leaned him back from his desk and straddled his thighs. I kissed his exposed lips, trying to reassure him that I was here for him.

He didn't respond to my lips so I finally gave up trying, accepting his rejection.

"I don't want you to push yourself."

"I don't want to lose you," I whimper in response. He sighs and pushes some hair behind my ear.

We had reached a standstill. But I wasn't going to be the one to break.