•~•CHAPTER 14•~•

**Sage's POV**

"Sage?" I hear Mason whisper softly as the door to his room opens. Light from the hallway floods in causing me to bury my head in the pillow in order to avoid witnessing the light change.

"Baby, I know you're awake," he sighs, closing the door gently behind him and walking closer to me.

"I never claimed to be otherwise," I murmur back weakly.

He sits himself on the edge of the bed causing the bed to dip, although he faces away from me as though ashamed. "I'm sorry Sage. I'm so sorry I yelled at you and freaked out. I should have been more controlled considering all you've revealed to me today. I should have been less selfish. You are my mate, the love of my life. You deserve the best treatment and I am sorry that I failed you today."

My heart rate spikes as my big bad Alpha drops his pride. Alphas apologizing is practically unheard of, especially sincere apologies. But my mate is so incredibly perfect that he will set aside his title and instincts to right his wrong.

I sit up and move closer to him, leaning my front against his back.

"I forgive you Mason. Obviously I forgive you. I love you. And we don't have time for these stupid games. I'm all in. I want you, forever. And if you haven't changed your mind on us...on me-" he turns to face me quickly, cutting me off. His hands gently cup my face, forcing eye contact to show his sincerity.

"Sage I will never change my mind on you. You are my everything. That will never change no matter what life throws at us. We're in this together. I promise." I close my eyes blissfully as he speaks.

His lips find mine in the dark room and everything else melts away. I will never get enough of my mate.

~•~

"I will pick you up in a few hours. Eight o'clock. Your window. I love you Sage," Mason whispers. His face shows just how conflicted he is to leave me here.

"I will be fine. I'll see you soon." He still looks weary and pained despite my words. To try and ease his tension, I pull him to me and connect our lips. He kisses me hesitantly, making me frown. I push my hands into the hair on the back of his head and tug on the roots while arching into him.

To my joy, his hands find my waist and he pulls me tighter against him, his kiss becoming more dominating. He walks me backwards until my back hits a tree and then he cages me against it with his arms.

The longer we kiss, the more his tongue meets mine. His hands quickly grab my thighs, lifting me up and wrapping my legs around his waist. He pushes harder against me, using the tree to help keep me in place. The bark is rough against my back but the growing urgency of his kiss keeps my mind far from the pain.

Gradually, he slows our kiss despite how turned on we both have become.

"I have to go back if we want everything to be prepared," he tells me regretfully, his breaths shallow and rapid. I can feel his heart racing under my palm, bringing a soft smile to my face. I love that I can make him as crazy as he makes me.

After we forgave last night, I fell asleep in his arms where we both know I should always sleep. We slept in past noon today and I had the best sleep of my life. It was our second night sleeping together but since the first time was in my bed, I was on high alert all night, afraid that someone would walk in and see that I wasn't with Conner.

"Then I guess I'll see you soon. I love you too Mason," I tell him honestly, pecking his lips once more before dropping from his waist.

"Be ready," he grins, winking at me. I flush, knowing he doesn't just mean to be packed by eight.

I run off to my pack house before I end up just following him to his; I can hear him laughing at me as he watches my blushing form scurrying away and I can't help but smile again.

When I get to my room, I quickly hustle around to grab what I think I need.

I throw mostly random crap into my duffel bag, a silly smile permanently plastered on my face.

After about an hour, I was almost done. I had to get some toiletries and the stuff Becca made me get from Victoria's Secret last week. Mason would be here in a little less than two hours, so I had till then to freak out. Sad, I know. But just tomorrow night was the night. How could I not be freaking?

I zipped up the bag after everything was in it and set it near the door then walked into the bathroom to shower and freshly shave.

I stripped in front of the bathroom mirror and once again admired my mark. The gorgeous mark of an Alpha- a wolf's face- with bloodlust's signature- a full moon in the background- and then the originality of the cursive name- Mason Taylor.

My mark was perfect. It was unique to all the things that made Mason and I up.

I finally hopped into the scalding hot water and I showered at a relaxed pace, trying to calm my nerves and racing heart. Having Mason see me all flustered and awkward would not help create a romantic mood.

When I got out, I left my hair down so it could air dry and I slipped on denim skinny jeans, a baby pink tank top, brown cardigan, and brown heeled ankle boots. I applied mascara, and eyeliner, and light pink lip gloss. My bangs were pretty dry by the time I was done choosing an outfit and going with it. I curled them slightly away from my eyes since Mason had made it his mission to make me know that my blue eyes are his favorite thing ever.

I had barely just finished and was standing in my full length mirror to admire my work when my bedroom door suddenly opened. Even though I knew Mason would never come through my door, my bright smile faltered when I realized the person at the door was definitely not my mate. He was definitely not who I was expecting.