•~•CHAPTER 21•~•

Thank you to all the comments from kleinehund and Sam2322 . Early update as a thanks to them :)
Also, thank you kleinehund for your perspective and telling me what you readers want to see.
I'm loving the feedback! Keep it up for more updates :)
Now on to what you all actually came here for....

**Faith's POV**

"So are you gunna move to our pack too then? I mean your sister is our Luna so you can probably move without the whole Mate connection rule," Clary tells me as she eats the chocolate cake I made.

Clary is one of the girls I met two nights ago when my sister brought me here. She's been keeping me company since Sage and Mason left for their little honeymoon thing.

"You know, I really think you should. I could really get used to this whole stress-baking thing you got goin on," Melody chimes in, equally engrossed in my cake. I smile at the two of them, continuing to mix my brownie batter. The cookies should be done baking soon so I can get these in.

"I don't know. I think it's pretty likely I'll be staying here. Sage is pretty protective so I don't think there's a chance she'd leave me there," I answer, knowing that Sage would never leave me to die by Conner's hands.

"Yeah... your pack could get angry though, ya know. Since you don't have to leave them. It's not like your mate is in this pack. It's just your sister and packs aren't very happy to just give up their pack mates for the reason of keeping friends and sibling together." I look back into the chocolate deliciousness, instantly feeling guilty for not telling them about Carver. I know I barely just met them, but they're the only friends I've had- like ever. Conner was just as controlling over me as he was over Sage.

"About that mate thing-" I begin to mumble but apparently not loud enough because Clary is quick to tack on to Mel's concern.

"Especially not your pack. I swear, that pack barely even allows mates to be together. I'm surprised Mason was even invited to your Alpha's party. Other packs are hardly ever allowed inside your lands. I mean I get that you guys are kinda small but they shouldn't just barricade you guys like you're in some prison. How do they expect the males to find females? I mean come on! The population can't grow if no one can come in either. That Alpha needs to get himself together," she rolls her eyes before finding mine. "No offense," she adds with a guilty smile.

"None taken. Seriously, I'm not a fan either," I roll my eyes before turning to the oven and pulling out the chocolate chip cookies. I love chocolate.

They both make surprised noises but don't push for more. I don't blame them. Pack loyalty is supposed to me entrained into you. That's kind of hard when your future Alpha almost killed you for his pleasure and has broken down your sister for years.

"Hey Faith, why are you stress-baking anyway?" Clary says after an awkward silence, clearly trying to change the subject.

I sigh softly as I dish out the cookies onto a serving platter from the hot pan.

"Well that's what I was about to tell you...I think I did find my mate already..."

"But you're not even 16!"

"Yeah... I guess my wolf thinks we need him now..."

"Who is it?" Melody chirps excitedly, both of them leaning closer to me now.

"Well, it's actually-"

Carver's scent wafts into the room, more enticing to me even than the chocolate.