Chapter 1

-------------

Hi there!! Please tell me what you think of my story! It's my first one and would really love the constructive feedback. I'm going to try to tell this story in different points of view and would love any ideas you can throw my way. ✌️❤️🎶

-------------
(Anna)

I could barely see, let alone walk down the dark corridor.

Every now and then there would be a small flash of brightness as we passed under a light. And then it was gone.

Rough hands pushed me forward. They didn't care that I couldn't walk, they simply drug me along. Their feet thudded against the marble floor, their breaths heavy. They didn't say a word, the two men each simply kept one of their hands on my arms. I struggled uselessly, knowing I couldn't escape their grasp; especially after today's tests. But I couldn't let them think I had given up. Couldn't let them think they had beaten me. Sure, these guys only took me to and from my cell, but word gets around fast.

And they were so big. Even if I was at my full strength, I'm sure they'd be difficult to take down. They stared straight ahead, not slowing their pace.

As we approached my cell, I struggled with all my might, which wasn't much at this point, but they held me firm as if I was nothing more than a squirming child.

One of the men reached his hand out to unlock my cell and as soon as the glass door slid open, they shoved me inside. I scrambled to keep my balance, but was unsuccessful. My knees and hands hit the concrete ground with a thud. I heard, like I do every other night, the sound of my cell door closing and locking.

When I turned around, the men were gone and I was alone. I reached around to grab the only thin blanket I had on my thin mat of a bed, and wrapped it tight around my body, wincing.

Today had been a bad day. Well, everyday here is bad, a living nightmare actually, but today was especially bad. They pushed me farther, past what I thought was my breaking point. They took more from me than they usually did; ran more tests than usual; No. Tortured me more than usual.

Everyday I went to sleep not knowing if I could take any more, but knowing I had no other choice. If I escaped, they would simply hunt me down, punish me, and put me back in my cell. If I fought, they simply sedated me.

There was no way out. No prince in shining armour. No valiant steed. Nothing. No friend to come guide my path. No fairy godmother.

I was utterly and undeniably alone.