Chapter 12

(Loki)

The look in her eyes was pure terror. She looked at me as if I was a monster.
I was a monster. And I always would be.
But her? She was beautiful in all her glory, all her power.
I should be in her place.
I had wanted to help her, to save her. But I didn't want to do anything rash. I had to keep my cover in front of the doctor, who I found out was called Dr. Pine.
Once Anna had been stabilized we headed back to the elevator. Dr. Pine had invited me to dine with him. He told me that this had happened before. I asked him why he thought it was happening.
"Because she's at the end of her leash. She's losing control of her own body. Her own mind. Last time this happened she mumbled restlessly in her sleep for hours about a man with blue eyes and a white light coming to get her. She's gone bonkers. It's a pity really." he curled his top lip in disappointment.
"And had you been in charge of the whole operation?" I ventured.
"Hpmh." He smiled a disgusting grin. "I would have taken her blood to be duplicated and run a few experiments. Then I would have sedated her and kept her for myself."He winked a wrinkled brown eye at me.
"For yourself? For what reason?"
"You must be thick boy! For personal pleasures of course! She's quite a beauty. And feisty too. I like a girl with spirit." He laughed maniacally.
"And what makes you so sure she would agree to that?" My hands were clenching, my nails biting into my palms.
"She wouldn't. And that's what would make it interesting. Make it fun, even." He had a devilish look on his face.
And that's the look that stayed on his face when I slit his throat.