Chapter 85

(Loki)

I felt the ground shake beneath me, making my eyes flicker.

I saw flashes of white light before me.

Someone was running towards me, someone large and brooding.

And then they picked me up, threw me over their shoulder and ran.

"What in Valhalla did you do this time, brother!" I don't think I've ever been happier to see Thor.

My head lobbed around on his back, I was still trying to gain consciousness. I could faintly hear the sounds of battle.

All of a sudden, I felt myself slammed into the ground and heard the castle doors being shut and locked.

"They took Anna." Those were the first words that escaped my lips.

Thor's face immediately softened and he leaned down to help me to my feet. Once there, he put my arm over his shoulder and his arm around my waist for support.

"I sent the troops after the escapees. They should be back in their cells soon." He sat me on a step. "Loki, Director Fury knew nothing of the girl, he-"

"I've pieced it all together now, thanks." He cocked his head at me in confusion. "Hydra is implanted in SHEILD. They had access to the tesseract at one point, nearly destroyed all of Midgard. They are more to fear than either of us."

"How did you-"

I slammed my fist on the ground. "I should have figured it out sooner. One of the doctors practically told me. I even killed him because of it, I should have figured he wasn't working by himself. Hydra is behind everything." I put my face in my hands.

"How did she get captured by them?" he asked.

"I was possessed, held back that way, by one of her four brothers, who, by the way, she thought was dead. And then another brother has the power of the tongue, all he had to do was talk to her, and she went right with them." Tears welled in my eyes.

"We will get her back." Thor said.

"But how? Who knows when Laufey is going to attack, and then there's every other being out there who want to kill us." I suddenly turned to him. "Shouldn't you warn your precious Avengers about Hydra?"

He shook his head. "Each of them has their own worries at the moment. If we can take care of this, then there's no use telling them, getting more people hurt."

He looked at me with sad eyes. "Go get some rest brother, and I will start on a plan."

I nodded my head reluctantly, and stood up. I started walking towards my chambers. "Thor?" I started, looking at him. He raised his eyebrows at me. "Thank you." I tried to keep the sound of my oncoming sobs out of my voice.

"Of course. Besides, you did it for me once." He smiled slightly.

I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, but I headed to my bed anyway.