Chapter 38

(Loki)

 She looked up at me with sad eyes. 

She took a deep breath, "He was the one who found me, brought SHEILD to me. I never forgot his face. He was the first one there and the last to watch me be taken away." Tears welled up in her eyes. "He's responsible for everything that's happened to me for the past 7 years. I wanted to make him pay, and you took that away from me." She looked away. 

I didn't know what to say. In my head, I started in several different ways, but I couldn't decide which one to say. 

"I saw the video of that day. The day you were captured." I told her.

She looked at me in amazement. 

"What happened?" I asked softly. 

She shook her head vigorously. "No. No." She covered her face. "I swore I would never go back there. Never revisit what happened. None of it." She looked up at me with pleading eyes. "Please." She whispered. 

I stood up. "Alright." And I began to walk away. I understood if she didn't want to tell me anything. But that wouldn't get me anywhere. And I didn't trust her yet. She was a loose cannon and she could blow at any second. 

"Do I have to stay here?" I heard her ask behind me. 

I stopped and, without looking back, said, "Yes. At least until I know that I can trust you, and that you have stabalized. And there are a few things I need to figure out." Silence. 

I began walking again and as I reached the door I heard her voice, loud and clear, "He," coughing. "He wasn't just the one who brought SHIELD to me." I turned to look at her in confusion. "He was apart of the group I went after." She looked at me as if that should tell me everything. She sighed, "He was apart of the group I went after, the group that had destroyed my life, put me on the streets. And then he brought SHEILD to me. He betrayed those people." She set her mouth straight. "He should have died with them." 

Then she turned around and went back to her book.