Chapter 97

(Harry)

"What are you going to do if she remembers?" Mother asked me nervously. "If she remembers Loki?"

"She won't. Besides, even in the smallest chance that she does remember, it won't matter. We are giving her 24 hours. If she's not back here, with Loki's blood on her hands, then we go after her. We will finish the job if nessessary." I fixed a stray strand of my hair. "We will just wipe her again."

"And if she fights against you?"

"Good Lord, Mother! Why are you so damn paranoid?" I tried to keep my voice from rising. 

She told me that the girl and I were related, but she never told me how. I'd been trying to get it out of her, but she wouldn't tell me. It made me want to strangle her. 

Maybe I would. 

Because if the girl wasn't closely related, then she was mine.

There was no doubt in my mind about that. 

"I just don't want anything to go wrong." She seemed less composed than usual. 

"What did you tell her earlier?" I asked, looking at my perfect fingernails. 

"It was solely between the two of us."

I slammed my hands down on the metal table that sat in between us. 

"Dammit, woman!" I glared at her. "If you don't start telling me the truth, all I have to do is get the Overtaker down here....'

"No." The way she said it didn't make it seem as though she were afraid of the Overtaker, but of what the Overtaker would find out and then report back to me. 

"Then start talking."

She swallowed. "I- I told her that..." Her shoulders dropped. "That she had to be careful." She smiled at me slightly. "I've grown quite attached to her, you know." 

"How are we related?" I felt that this was the best time to get it out of her. 

"She's your half sister."

I laughed. "She's your daughter? Isn't she?"

Mother nodded her head, looking ashamed. 

"I'll let you know how it goes, Mummy." And I walked out of the room.

So she was my half sister? Hm. We weren't full-blooded siblings, then. 

That was a far enough relation for me. 

So it looked like she would be mine after all.